Small Sample Sized Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfbrew70

Reaction score
I'm looking for small, sample sized bottles. Maybe 6 - 8 oz.

I'd like to bottle a few of these with each batch to allow friends to sample my beer. Some of them normally don't like anything with more flavor than Bud Lite, and I'd rather not waste a full 12 oz bottle in case they don't like it. A neighbor once poured out a bottle because he didn't like it!!!

Maybe I'm being greedy with the beer?

Any sources that you could point me to?

Thanks!

That's something I have been on the lookout for as well. My wife likes beer, but doesn't drink a full bottle most night. So most of the time we split something that neither of us are exactly happy about. Anyway....

Look for pony bottles.

Im hoping to find brown pop-top 8oz bottles. Is that too much to ask? The only one I have see. Is Leffe, but that was in France, which is a little far for me to go to get bottles.

Sounds like a big hassle just to save 4 ounces which equals just 2 beers from a 6 pack..........

So then maybe I am being greedy with my beer?

I was really hoping to find 6 oz bottles. Spread out over a dozen friends or so, it could help save a few bottles in case some don't like it. They seem to become more valuable as the inventory dwindles.

I'll be glad to share with friends who like the beer, but I still cringe when I think about my neighbor pouring a bottle out onto his lawn... :(

I have one of these m3 monster bottles. 5 oz.
Would kinda suck though to drink that many monster shots. :ban:

Another advantage of kegging!
I was actually thinking of running a batch of cheap, flavorless Bush type beer for some of the people that don't like decent beer.

I have one of these m3 monster bottles. 5 oz...

The m3 bottles look promising. Just big enough for a good sample. Sounds like the m3 is carbonated, so the bottles must be rated OK for beer. I'll look for them. Thanks!

So then maybe I am being greedy with my beer?

I was really hoping to find 6 oz bottles. Spread out over a dozen friends or so, it could help save a few bottles in case some don't like it. They seem to become more valuable as the inventory dwindles.

I'll be glad to share with friends who like the beer, but I still cringe when I think about my neighbor pouring a bottle out onto his lawn... :(

lol...now your talking 6 ounces verses 8....another 2 ounce difference. I would just only give the beer to those who actually like beer. But once you really start to get batches going at least monthly, it no longer becomes an issue, you'll have plenty to go around....

...I would just only give the beer to those who actually like beer...

Guess I'm trying to broaden their palletes and show them that beer can actually have a taste. Sometimes its successful, sometimes it's not. For the "nots", I'd like to keep the waste down.

Easy answer. Pour some in a glass for them. Better than special packaging for a few people.

Same here. I pick up a Monster concentrate from time to time for just this reason. 5oz of Paulener(sp).

image-1771883731.jpg

Oh, and they are a bit darker than the normal green bottles.

I just searched for 6 oz. Beer bottle, that was the best option bottle wise. Are you are searching for brown, or are you searching for a cheaper option? I would hate to buy a case of those just to have them slowly disappear.

Back