PIKE Brewing Co. IPA so many hops??????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bferullo

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where to start with this. it uses COLUMBUS, CHINOOK,
WILLAMETTE, GOLDINGS,AMARILLO according to its website. Seems like overkill to me, but the beer is oh so tastey, so IMO they must have something right.

I can't really hit an OG of 1.062 with my setup so I am going to have to cheat with some DME or LME.

Only have been brewing less than 2 years so any advice is appreciated.

Boy, that's tough when you have nothing to go on but the names with no amounts... Do they list how many IBU's the beer has? That would help in formulating a recipe. From looking at those hops, the Columbus and Chinook are most definitely boiling hops (prolly one of them at 60 min and one at 30 min. The rest of the hops can go either way, (boiling or aroma).

This thread has been stalled from the start, but the OP hasn't had his excellent question answered. I too would like some help on pinning down this brew. I enjoyed a few pints of this just this week. Wow, fantastic beer.

I have the grain bill loaded and am working on the hop additions as posted by the OP which are as published by Pike. Has anyone brewed a successful clone? Does anyone have an in with the brewery to ask questions regarding the hop schedule?

I am also curious of the yeast strain. Pike list generically "english ale". The pints I sampled while fruity with some sweetness did seem finish clean, with outstanding hop character throughout. While not "english" I am planning on using Wyeast American Ale II 1272. I did not see the kind of attenuation %'s in any of the Wyeast "english" strain that I had hoped for.

Your thoughts welcomed!

Cheers

Back