aluminum brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it will work just fine. Do a search on aluminum vs stainless steel if you want to read more about this. But seriously, many of us use aluminum. Biggest reason, it's typically way cheaper than stainless.

Aluminum is all I've ever used to boil wort in - no problems. The only thing I would say is to boil water for a while in it before the first use.

sorry, Revvy, ia m new to this forum. what is a stickiy and where can i find it? thanks to all for the responses. any tips on cleaning Al? i know i can't use oxyclean, is bleach O.K.?

sorry, Revvy, ia m new to this forum. what is a stickiy and where can i find it? thanks to all for the responses. any tips on cleaning Al? i know i can't use oxyclean, is bleach O.K.?

look at the top of each forum section and there will be 1-10+ threads with the word sticky in front of them. usually they are common asked questions so the people that have been here for a while dont have to keep repeating them selfs.

some of them get grumpy when us noobs ask too may questions! :cross:

The biggest tip for cleaning an AL brewpot is do it right away. I just use warm water and a soft scrubbie to get the crud off and rinse it out

Just make sure you don't clean it TOO well. Don't scrub that seasoning off the inside of the pot, you want it to be there.

There has been a lot of discussion about aluminum and health in the last couple of years, i got rid of all of my aluminum gear like teflon that is also not great.

Could be i'm not across it, like i said when i heard it i dumped my gear and went SS...
Same with Teflon, i dumped most of that when i heard that if it was scratched it releases toxins...

Latest posts

Back