I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lift a brew for me! I want one right now bad. We were just talking to two cute girls in a Spanish restaurant about their margaritas. Man I love tequila!

Yo Airborne! Gotta be something to bring some pizazz to your night!

Going to post a song and then need to get some sleep. This is not as exciting as two cute girls. Guess I'm finally going to get some sleep here is the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwuve_8f2Y

Man I have been lagging as of late. Not been drinking much and feeling rather poorly. Not to mention up until tonight the forum has just been crawling for me:mad:

I love fried cabbage with bacon in it. Drizzle a little vinegar over it and wow it is good. Put some pulled pork over a rye bread and cover with fried cabbage and you got a meal fit for a king.....Although the king gets kicked to the couch after eating it:eek:

Sigh kids. My kid needs to write a report for school on someone who has taken risks for a english class. All she has wanted to do was write the dumb report on a silly rock group that has not been around very long but she likes.

Now my dad was on the first sub to go around the world submerged. I think it was called the triton but I am not sure. There is a wonderful write up in Nat Geo from the early sixties about that trip. Was this good enough for her....No not exciting enough for nor was Neil Armstrong or any of the other people I could think of.

No wonder our world is going to heck in a handbasket

opus345 said:
Pretty sure the marines used that one also. That was dad's basic answer to all of my complaints when I was young. And yes, I haved used it for my kids.

It's Marines with a capital M actually, and we called it "Blooming where you are planted" usually associated with orders for recruiting duty :)

Sigh kids. My kid needs to write a report for school on someone who has taken risks for a english class. All she has wanted to do was write the dumb report on a silly rock group that has not been around very long but she likes.

Now my dad was on the first sub to go around the world submerged. I think it was called the triton but I am not sure. There is a wonderful write up in Nat Geo from the early sixties about that trip. Was this good enough for her....No not exciting enough for nor was Neil Armstrong or any of the other people I could think of.

No wonder our world is going to heck in a handbasket

Sounds like a typical kid. If she wanted something current she could have written about Baumgartner's jump. One of my stepdaughters had to write an essay on someone who's personal triumphs inspired her. Out of all plethora of options she wrote about the band One Direction.

I have to keep reminding myself that they'll grow out of it :D

Oh no, I forget to mix in the priming sugar and just bottled. What was I thinking? Boiled it, added it, forget to mix it... :drunk:

Do you mean you forgot to add it to your bottling bucket or you just didn't stir it? If its the latter you are most likely fine - I never stirred my first three batches and the all carved up nicely.

Yup you are fine. Whew I thought you forgot it entirely. Hehe I have and let me tell you that was some flat beer:rockin:

What are you guys eating tonight. Me I am having stir fry:p

We just got done bottling too. I'm so happy I finally got a tree and bottle filler. Cut the time down a lot.. I didn't stir my first few times and it all went fine.

image-1480939948.jpg

Yup you are fine. Whew I thought you forgot it entirely. Hehe I have and let me tell you that was some flat beer:rockin:

What are you guys eating tonight. Me I am having stir fry:p

I think I am going to finish off the venison chile with some crackers. It's been in the fridge longer than anything else so good excuse to eat it. Hubby not feeling good today, chicken broth.

I think I am going to finish off the venison chile with some crackers. It's been in the fridge longer than anything else so good excuse to eat it. Hubby not feeling good today, chicken broth.

MMM chili. Sadly my chili eating is pretty much just lunch now. Wife does not even like the smell of chili

Nah. I'm with Lushife your best friends on bottling day are assistants!

image-748733379.jpg

They do everything but work the capper now. I don't even sanitize anymore, they've got it down to an assembly line.

And they are smiling about it Snaps. Doing something right

When my daughter was younger she told me she would never drink beer. I asked her why and she said because all you do is wash things.

Varmintman said:
MMM chili. Sadly my chili eating is pretty much just lunch now. Wife does not even like the smell of chili
In wonder if she'd like it better if it want possum chili.. ;)
snaps10 said:

They do everything but work the capper now. I don't even sanitize anymore, they've got it down to an assembly line.
Great looking kids. Do you own a shotgun, sir.

My son spent a large part of yesterday asking questions and carefully watching me brew my IIPA. He has tasted my samples before pitching yeast and I think he'll be quite versed in beer by the time he's of age.

snaps10 said:

She really wants to work the capper but I know that might be a disaster.

When my daughter was younger she told me she would never drink beer. I asked her why and she said because all you do is wash things.

Has she figured out that that's only if you make the beer and that you can do plenty of drinking without washing a damn thing if you buy it?

Heck no I am not going to tell her that yet. And I will tell her if she drinks my beer she has to wash the bottles for as long as I can:p

My daughter doesn't want to drink beer either. I don't thinks because of the cleaning though I think she just doesn't like the smell.

Yeah, one minute it is agonizingly slow and then a short burst of speed. That last upgrade is vexing Tx.

* edit * and then you freakin' have a typo and waste more time fixing that!

It's screwing up for everyone, whether accessed through the app or browser. There are multiple threads about it now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Back