Hammond IN? Anything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazytwoknobs

Reaction score
I'm stuck at the super 8 in Hammond Indiana for the next few days, anything in walking distance that has good beer?

Oh man, do I wish I had followed your advice, I went to this place called "Hammond Mowhawks", figuring it was a restaurant, as it said "Ocktoberfest, somethingsomethingsomething Public Welcome".

I go through the first door, and there are two glass doors in front of me. I try one, locked. The other, locked. I go back for the first one to see if it's just tricky, and a dude on the other side says something like "WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR!" So I say "oh, I was just hoping to try a beer and maybe something to eat, what's up with this do--" Dude interrupts:"NO NO, THIS IS A PRIVATE CLUB, WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR" so I left.

Asshat. How the hell am I supposed to know it's a private club. And also, IT SAYS FRIGGING "PUBLIC WELCOME" ON THE GODDAMN SIGN OUT FRONT.

Jebus. Never going to Hammond again if I can help it.

Oh man, do I wish I had followed your advice, I went to this place called "Hammond Mowhawks", figuring it was a restaurant, as it said "Ocktoberfest, somethingsomethingsomething Public Welcome".

I go through the first door, and there are two glass doors in front of me. I try one, locked. The other, locked. I go back for the first one to see if it's just tricky, and a dude on the other side says something like "WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR!" So I say "oh, I was just hoping to try a beer and maybe something to eat, what's up with this do--" Dude interrupts:"NO NO, THIS IS A PRIVATE CLUB, WHO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR" so I left.

Asshat. How the hell am I supposed to know it's a private club. And also, IT SAYS FRIGGING "PUBLIC WELCOME" ON THE GODDAMN SIGN OUT FRONT.

Jebus. Never going to Hammond again if I can help it.

Sounds like you stumbled on a ho house. They could probably give you something to drink and eat but not what you were expecting.

Yeah, I'd recommend staying at the Hampton Inn in Munster. Not as sketchy of a town (and only 2 miles south or so...)

Back