My Keezer/Fermentation Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonhope16

Reaction score
I know there are tons of people showing off their Keezer projects; so after a lot of hard work, I wanted to share mine. Its painted entirely in chalkboard paint and is a little different from what I've seen, so here you go........

:mug:

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

Thanks. I did one tap for each Pro Team. My goal is to eventually find some nice handles; one for the Pirates, one for the Steelers and one for the Penguins.

Ill tell you what. Go to rodgers its a big flea market right in ohio. There is a guy there that makes handles. They have pens steelers and pirates. I got a real nice pirate one and he only charges $20

image-3466128957.jpg

Nice!!! Unfortunately, I'm in VA. All the stuff I've seen online is pretty tacky looking.

The other one is just a fermentation chamber. We already hooked up the temp controller, it just wasnt in the picture. My basement in the winter was making it tough to control temps since the gas furnace is on the other side; so now this comfortably allows me to ferment at a more constant 65 or so. We also ran a new circuit to the breaker, so I can have both freezers on one outlet without having to worry.

From what I understand freezers use the outside of the freezer to cool the condenser and if it can't cool all the way with a layer of paint on it wouldn't it shorten the life of the freezer

I know there are tons of people showing off their Keezer projects; so after a lot of hard work, I wanted to share mine. Its painted entirely in chalkboard paint and is a little different from what I've seen, so here you go........

:mug:

That is awesome!

I have a picture that my wife took of the city from Duquesne Incline hanging above mine -
DSC_0030.JPG

Very Nice!!! Do you think the aluminum lining adds much insulation? I just finished my build but I did not line the collar with any type of insulation.

twalte said:
Very Nice!!! Do you think the aluminum lining adds much insulation? I just finished my build but I did not line the collar with any type of insulation.

It's rated as r3.6 (or somewhere around there) and I doubled it, so I figure it must help a little. And I like the silver look better than the pink foam, which I think is rated around 7. It wasn't too hard to put on, just some spray glue.

Very nice! I haven't seen a keggerator pay homage to one's home city before and I think you pulled it off well.

Back