Just cracked my first brew...... I love this hobby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevehn

Reaction score
Hey All,

I just cracked into my first beer, and it's really good. A brewhouse octoberfest kit. It was a lot of work (mostly caused by the fact that I'm a newb, and almost all my gear is second hand aka dirty!), and it was from a brewhouse kit (hard to screw up), but it's my first, and I'm proud. The last 3 weeks have been brutal, but it was worth it. :ban:

I just bottled a batch of graff last night, and I snuck a little sample before I primed it. If it turns out as good as I think it's going to, it's going to be another hard 3 week wait.

I've got an all grain on deck, probably to be brewed over the xmas break. This is an addicting hobby!

Xmas is going to be awesome this year - santa brought beer!

This is an addicting hobby!
:mug:
Right! This is a very rewarding hobby too. The reward being 5 gallons of alcohol each time you brew. Graff is next on my to do list. I have 13 gallons going now (a wheat beer, cider, and a apple wine (or very hard cider). What a blast. Wish I would have started this earlier.

I know what you are talking about. I've only been in this hobby since August/September and yes, it is addicting.

Of the 5 brews I've done, even though they are all young still, they have all been decent. Very happy I took the dive.

Agreed! :mug: I haven't tasted my first batch yet (>1 week in the bottle), but if the tasting before bottling is any indication of how this brew is going to turn out, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

This hobby is great! I love being able to drink/share my fruition!

Latest posts

Back