yeah for me, pump on the way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerD

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought the pump. As soon as I get the new kettle, 10 gallon batches here I come. In the meantime, I can brew my 5 gallon batches at a reasonably safe height

I've been having pump envoy for a while. I want to try the no-sparge brewing but still haven't got a pump yet.

I got my pump as I started to plan out my HERMS system, but WAY before I had the actual HERMS parts I was using the pump in my brewing. I dropped down to a single tier and stopped lifting heavy buckets.

AWESOME.

I've had a pump almost a year year now (March 809) that I've yet to use. Need to break down and buy the valves and QD fittings to make my transfer hoses so I can start using it.

Got my pump last week from Austin Homebrew. Haven't used it yet. I now have everything to build my "Brew cart" except my fittings from pro flow dynamics...
Can't wait to get everything in order!!

Why do you need a pump for 10 gallon batches? I do mostly 10 gallon batches, but don't have a pump.

:confused:

That being said, a pump is on my list. Along with a plate chiller and a lot of other stuff.

Why do you need a pump for 10 gallon batches? I do mostly 10 gallon batches, but don't have a pump.

The biggest benefit I got from the pump was single tier brewing. No more lifting hot water or trying to climb up to dump sparge water into my MLT.

Got my pump last week from Austin Homebrew. Haven't used it yet. I now have everything to build my "Brew cart" except my fittings from pro flow dynamics...
Can't wait to get everything in order!!

Same here. I am all set, just waiting for the back-ordered male couplings. I understand that they should have stock and ship next week.

I only need the pump for ten gallon batches because I built a CFC last year and I need to get my kettle way up high to get into fermenter via CFC.

The biggest benefit I got from the pump was single tier brewing. No more lifting hot water or trying to climb up to dump sparge water into my MLT.

Lifting a keggle with 11 gallons of cooled wort onto a table to siphon it does blow, I will admit.

I am shooting for a "1.5 Tier", with the HLT elevated.

Back