Carbing/Flavor issue....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-ROD

Reaction score
So, I brewed a batch of Sweetwater clone...primary for 21 days and secondary for 7 days. Then it was chilled for 3 days @ 35 in my fridge and has been on 12 psi of gas for 7 days. On day 5 it tasted great and was carbed up nicely... so I had a couple of pints. I thought I would have a pint before mowing and bam, it sucks. carbonation is still the same but it taste extremely astringent. I have kegged several batches by quick carbing and had no problems this is my first "set it and forget it" try and I'm a little frustrated. Carbonic Acid? Any ideas?

My guess is greeness and carbonic acid. Set it and forget it is not meant to be drank right away. Yes, it will be carbonated, but it will taste best after 2-3 weeks on gas.

Thanks for the advice....I got a little over zealous. I'll push it into the back of the fridge for a few weeks and see what happens.

Back