Looking for new temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Love controllers, but many here will whine that they are too expensive, TSX-3=$70

Otherwise, do a search for ebay aquarium temp controller, lowest price if you can handle Celciius readings.

EBay temp controller, hands down.

Two stage let's you control both a heater and cooler at the same time.

Print out a Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion chart and you're set.

Total cost: less than $40.

I'm currently using 2. Have held 35 for 2 weeks so far on one side of my ferm chamber.

I have a Ranco Single Stage ETC-111100 that I was planning to put in the classifieds by this weekend as soon I get a box to ship it in and determine weight. Originally an unwired version, I wired it with heavy duty electrical extension cord. I used for a couple months last fall until the weather got cooler and I realized I needed a dual-stage unit because my ferm frig is in a detached, unheated garage. There is about 30" of female end cord and about 10' of male end cord. Let me know. Just noticed you are in VA Beach. I live in King William but work in Hampton at Langley AFB near the HomeBrew USA store. If in the area this might save you on shipping.

tempcontroller.jpg

Back