The new guy speaks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEsince92

Reaction score
Hey all,

So... I still haven't really done any reading or taught myself anything, but I did go out and buy one of these today:

766.jpg

I'm probably gonna try making something out of it tomorrow.

Wish me luck! :D

Good Luck. :mug:

Just remember to Relax, Don't Worry and Have A Home Brew! (RDWHAHB)

In your case you can drink commercial--it's in keeping with the spirit of homebrewing that counts.

Amen, wife bought a Mr. Beer system xmass 2005, now I'm into kegging, partial grain brewing, I even have a beer/music room filled with fridge, equipment and all my brewing books. I love her:cool:

shbrewer said:
Amen, wife bought a Mr. Beer system xmass 2005, now I'm into kegging, partial grain brewing, I even have a beer/music room filled with fridge, equipment and all my brewing books. I love her:cool:

I've gone from 1 Gal Meade kit my wife bought me for Xmas to a Mr. Beer to a 5 Gal recipe in just 3 weeks. I suspect kegging and adding a "hobby" room is just around the corner! :mug:

I'd definitely recommend doing a bt of reading. Papazian's book really is helpful, even if you just read the first chapter. Reading this board is super helpful as well. I took a page full of notes and tips after my first day on here.

I'm a noob as well, but after getting all my equipment for xmas after talking about wanting to brew for a long time, I've already bought a secondary fermenter one week after starting my frist batch. I love it.

Good luck with your first brew. If its any help. I didn't do too much else besides have a basic understanding of the brewing procedure and stuck pretty close to the directions in my kit and my IPA is in the secondary as we speak and looking fantastic.

Best of luck!

Back