Bulk Malt in Denver?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troy, if it's cool with you, we can just meet up at one of the local breweries ahead of time and I'll give you the money for my order. I'll buy you a few rounds for your troubles.

I would be in for a bag or 2 if I could get it milled. I'm at wads and c470 and can pick up for others as well.

Shoot me a PM and ill give you my contact info.

Jason wants to do a 3 pm delivery at Park Meadows....How does that work for people? I'll hopefully be back on by 7 or 8 tonight. Thanks for working on this while I'm unavailable.

Ridebreck,
I'll send you a PM we'll hook up a couple of days beforehand. I'd like to get the final quote from CMC so we can break down the pricing for all.

DHBM,
3PM is fine by me. I can head out a bit early to collect funds from someone in the N. Denver group ahead of time and then just bring the grain up to the target in Boulder for the delivery if necessary.

Risk,
We most likely can get your bag(s) premilled with the order Musketear is getting his two sacks premilled. So we need a firm commement from you as to quantity and availability to pick up at Park Meadows on 1Dec to add you to the order.

Tally Update:
South Denver - (Park Meadows)
Grimtas - 200 - Confirmed South 1Dec
DurangoHomeBrew - 150 - Confirmed South 1Dec
Wayne1 - 100 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Nicknunns - 100 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Buffman - 50 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Ridebreck - 50 - Confirmed - Grim will pick up in South Denver

Boulder Group Picked up by ??
Jarrman - 200 - Confirmed North 1Dec
ColoradoXJ13 - 200 - Confirmed North, Jarman pickup if necessary
Labrat - 150 - Confirmed North 1 Dec

Musketear - 100 - Milled - Confirmed South 1Dec
Risk - 100? - Milled
Total 1400

3PM at Park Meadows on DEC 1 is fine with me.

Risk,

If you cannot make it, I can pick up the grain for you, as we are almost neighbors. If CMC cannot supply milled grain, I can mill it for you.

Wayne

3PM at Park Meadows on DEC 1 is fine with me.

Risk,

If you cannot make it, I can pick up the grain for you, as we are almost neighbors. If CMC cannot supply milled grain, I can mill it for you.

Wayne

Awesome! ill send a PM with my info. I think i can make it but work can be a bit crazy this time of year.

confirm me for 100 lbs milled or not.

Tally Update:
Grimtas - 200 - Confirmed South 1Dec
DurangoHomeBrew - 150 - Confirmed South 1Dec
Wayne1 - 100 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Nicknunns - 100 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Buffman - 50 - Confirmed South 1 Dec
Ridebreck - 50 - Confirmed - Grim will pick up in South Denver

Boulder Group Picked up by ??
Jarrman - 200 - Confirmed North 1Dec
ColoradoXJ13 - 200 - Confirmed North, Jarman pickup if necessary
Labrat - 150 - Confirmed North 1 Dec

Musketear - 100 - Milled - Confirmed South 1Dec
Risk - 100 - Milled - Confirmed South / Wayne1 pickup
Total 1400

Jarrman, does your offer to bring it up when you come to WP or Copper still stand?

Yeah I can do that. I won't be able to make it up until that weekend. Most likely I'll run up to copper that saturday. Does that work for you?

Labrat, Would you be able to do the pickup? If not I can get out of work early and go down.

Tally Update:
Grimtas - 200 - Confirmed 1Dec
DurangoHomeBrew - 150 - Confirmed 1Dec
Wayne1 - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Nicknunns - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Buffman - 50 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Ridebreck - 50 - Confirmed - Grim will pick up

Boulder Group Picked up by Labrat will pickup orders at Park Meadows - distribute @ Boulder Target
Jarrman - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec
ColoradoXJ13 - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Labrat - 150 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Musketear - 100 - Milled - Confirmed - Jarrman will deliver in WP/Copper
Risk - 100 - Milled - Confirmed - Wayne1 pickup
Total 1400

Jarrman, I am on the patrol up in WP, and we have on hill training on Saturday the 5th. So I don't think I would be able to meet you on the way up, but meeting you on the way back should work. I am not sure what time we will be getting out, but it can't be any later than 4, since that is when the mountain closes.

I'll shoot you a PM to organize our part to keep the clutter from the main thread.

There are like a million brewers in Denver. Go volunteer to help and when they order ask if you can piggy back on their order. I do it here and I pay like .40/ lb or so. I buy 10-50 lb sacks....$200.

Will we get a grand tally for the order.

I think we should probably cap the order it at this point. I think I am maxing out my vehicles capacity and we need to arrange some way to transfer funds since I will not be able to front the whole North/Boulder order.

I also need to know who will be able to meet me at the Boulder Target to get their bags.

Labrat,
I can assist with the Boulder delivery if necessary. If you can arrange the pre-payment for the Boulder folks for the Park Meadows pickup would be great.

DHBM,
Looks like this is the final tally to place the order. Please post the details so we can split up the cost from the total order.

Tally Final:
Grimtas - 200 - Confirmed 1Dec
DurangoHomeBrew - 150 - Confirmed 1Dec
Wayne1 - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Nicknunns - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Buffman - 50 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Ridebreck - 50 - Confirmed - Grim will pick up

Boulder Group Picked up by Labrat at Park Meadows & distribute @ Boulder Target
Jarrman - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec
ColoradoXJ13 - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec
Labrat - 150 - Confirmed 1 Dec

Musketear - 100 - Milled - Confirmed - Jarrman will deliver in WP/Copper
Risk - 200 - Milled - Confirmed - Wayne1 pickup

Total 1500 1200 UnMilled / 300 Milled

There are like a million brewers in Denver. Go volunteer to help and when they order ask if you can piggy back on their order. I do it here and I pay like .40/ lb or so. I buy 10-50 lb sacks....$200.

The difference here Beermaker is this is not standard 2-row. This is Colorado Grown and Colorado Malted 2-row and the whole point of this thread is for a group buy. Thank you for your off-topic input.

Ok guys, I am back.

I will assume post number 138 by Grim is still, and will continue to be, the final numbers as it is noted in his post.
I just have a couple of thoughts, we should all have cash so we can give him the grand total in cash at PM. The only reason I say this is because I am ASSuming he doesn't want to deal with 10 small personal checks. Also, I don't know if he will have a problem with the milled bags, but I will double check that he will give us the same pricing on it.
Lastly, having quickly scanned the last couple of pages, it appears that the N Denver/Boulder people have someone to pick up their portion and bring funds. Is this correct?

Thanks guys!

I am going to rake some leaves for an hour or so, check back here to see if there are any issues, then call/email Jason for final pricing and confirmation.

Yes post #138 is the final tally to place the order. Only thing I'm unsure of is the 300# pre-milled added to the order. I believe Labrat is coordnating with ColoradoXJ and Jarrman to collect funds prior to 1 Dec. If Labrat needs help moving the grain to boulder I'll assist.

I agree this should be an all cash transaction to allievate any personal checks and hopefully build enough of a repor with CMC to do this again mid next year.

The current tally for my pick-up according to post 138 is 17 bags (6 bags milled). This is 17 bags and 850 pounds.

I think I can get this to fit in my FJ with the rear seats down. I have never done this so I am not sure. A couple sacks may have to go in the front seat.

I think it is probably too late to arrange prepayment before the 1st. I should be able to go to the bank and get the funds to cover the CMC guys. I would like to be paid in cash at the Boulder Target. Colorado XJ13 has already agreed to give me cash at the Target drop off.

Jarman, Risk and Musketear can you meet me at the Boulder Target early eveningish on the 1st with funds to get your bags. We can exchange phone numbers etc. via PM.

I was under the impression that Risk's order was being picked up by Wayne1 in Park meadows so that should only bring the Boulder total to 650#.

Risk/Wayne please confirm.

Hahahaha man... I keep getting the emails from this thread and laugh about how hard it is to wrangle everyone together for this. Grim and DHBM, many many thanks for taking the reigns on this. :mug:

Looking forward to meeting you all on the 1st.

Labrat, Jarrman should be there to pick up the 2 bags for me and bring them up the the mountains the next time he comes. I think he was going to front the money for me, but if this is a problem I can send the money to someone (you or him) ahead of time.

Risk's grain will be picked up by me. That would be 300 lbs I am responsible for moving. 100 whole kernel. 200 lbs milled for Risk.

When final pricing is announced, Risk, please get in touch with me to arrange transfer of funds.

Sent this email at 2:30 MTN, I imagine I will here from him early am...

Jason-

Can you confirm your price as we have previously discussed on this order:

1200 lbs UNMILLED
300 lbs MILLED

1500 lbs total

Delivered Tuesday 12/1/09 in the Park Meadows parking lot, around 3 pm.

COD

Thanks

Risk's grain will be picked up by me. That would be 300 lbs I am responsible for moving. 100 whole kernel. 200 lbs milled for Risk.

When final pricing is announced, Risk, please get in touch with me to arrange transfer of funds.

As a default, im leaving it up to wayne1 to pick it up but i am going to make a concerted effort to be there myself - what better opportunity to meet you all? if it even smells like i wont make it ill transfer funds to wayne before the 1st and he has my cell.

wayne, ill talk to you sometime this week.

THIS IS JASON"S RESPONSE.....I WILL CONFIRM THE ORDER WITH JASON IN THE MORNING:

Your order of:

1200 lbs. Whole Kernel "Colorado Base Pale" 2-row barley malt
+ 300 lbs. Milled "Colorado Base Pale" 2-row barley malt

@ $0.65 per lb.

For a total price of: $975.00

Delivery Scheduled for Tuesday 12/1/09 in the Park Meadows parking lot, around 3 pm.

----

This is what we discussed - Please confirm back to me your order and I will officially schedule the delivery.

Thanks for the business! Your gonna love the malt!!!!

Jason

Colorado Malting Company
2064 County Road 12 South
Alamosa, CO 81101

"Malt with you in Mind"

(719)580-0051

THIS IS JASON"S RESPONSE.....I WILL CONFIRM THE ORDER WITH JASON IN THE MORNING:

Your order of:

1200 lbs. Whole Kernel "Colorado Base Pale" 2-row barley malt
+ 300 lbs. Milled "Colorado Base Pale" 2-row barley malt

@ $0.65 per lb.

For a total price of: $975.00

Delivery Scheduled for Tuesday 12/1/09 in the Park Meadows parking lot, around 3 pm.

----

This is what we discussed - Please confirm back to me your order and I will officially schedule the delivery.

Thanks for the business! Your gonna love the malt!!!!

Jason

Colorado Malting Company
2064 County Road 12 South
Alamosa, CO 81101

"Malt with you in Mind"

(719)580-0051

That is awsome news so .65 per lb for all including delivery and also including the milled malt. WTG CMC. I'll break down the price list in the morning when I haven't been drinking homebrew ;)

Labrat, Jarrman should be there to pick up the 2 bags for me and bring them up the the mountains the next time he comes. I think he was going to front the money for me, but if this is a problem I can send the money to someone (you or him) ahead of time.

Musketear and Jarman,
So I will pick up your grain from the Park Meadows Mall and then meet Jarman at Target and he will then take Musketear's grain up to the Mountains. Is that the plan?

Tally Final:
Grimtas - 200 - Confirmed 1Dec - $130
DurangoHomeBrew - 150 - Confirmed 1Dec - $97.50
Wayne1 - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $65
Nicknunns - 100 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $65
Buffman - 50 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $32.50
Ridebreck - 50 - Confirmed - Grim will pick up - $32.50

Boulder Group Picked up by Labrat at Park Meadows & distribute @ Boulder Target
Jarrman - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $130
ColoradoXJ13 - 200 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $130
Labrat - 150 - Confirmed 1 Dec - $97.50

Musketear - 100 - Milled - Confirmed - Jarrman will deliver in WP/Copper - $65
Risk - 200 - Milled - Confirmed - Wayne1 pickup - $130

Total 1500 1200 UnMilled / 300 Milled

Labrat: That sounds good to me. PM'ed as to keep the clutter out of the thread.

Thanks guys for the hard work that went into this.

Back