first brew....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
afters weeks of reading and learning. I finally took the plunge and did my first brew... it was a imerial pale ale that came with the kit I got.... we'll see what happens in a few days... it was some what easy, but I still felt a little disorganized... +h well, practice makes perfect.... thanks for everyones help...

Jester

It gets easier every time man. And then you start to boil things. Then you start to grow hops. Then you start to hunt for barley...

I checked on the fermenter this morning and it was bubbling a ton... kinda exciting.. too bad I have a bucket and not a glass carboy, I can see any of the excitement... =(

when siphoning time comes you'll be happy you have bucket (if it is spigoted, that is...)

Jester said:
afters weeks of reading and learning. I finally took the plunge and did my first brew... it was a imerial pale ale that came with the kit I got.... we'll see what happens in a few days... it was some what easy, but I still felt a little disorganized... +h well, practice makes perfect.... thanks for everyones help...

Jester

hey Jester. I'm in the same boat. I started my first brew on the 19th. Looks like the same day as you. I'm doing LME (liquid malt extract). Bock style ale. Still bubbling nicely for me. From what I've read, it is normal for the CO2 release to stop within a few days.

Good luck!

ahoym8e said:
when siphoning time comes you'll be happy you have bucket (if it is spigoted, that is...)

I went and bought an "Auto Siphon" which has a racking cane built in. Man, what a difference. No more playing with that darn hose! :ban:

Back