Rubber Sealant in my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is permatex black rubber sealant...im not sure what else to give you from what it says on the tube...there isnt much information on it.
it is liquid that dries quickly...it is normally used if the seal is broken around a car door....it is used to reconnect the foam stuff...if that gives you an idea

Is it this stuff? Looks like it would be fine in small amounts if cured. You'll have to explain how it ended up in your beer.

Thats the stuff. What exactly do you mean by cured? SWMBO had some on her hands when she was trying to get to the sink. I had also just finished racking my beer in my primary bucket when she was doing this. She accidently dropped a little in the bucket when she walked by, or she might have been trying to ruin my batch;) But who would want to ruin future good beer, especially since that batch was for her.:mug:

oh..thats what i figured...In that case...yes it was cured. So, if it was cured is my beer ok? It has started fermenting and doesnt appear to be infected so it seems good to go.

Drink it in a few weeks, but make sure you have the poison control # handy as you kick back and relax with some home brew.

Chances are it will be fine, just proceed as normal and see how it goes, if the beer tastes really bad (like can't even drink it) when you are ready to bottle, then it might be time to think about dumping it.

Back