New faucet and line length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayjm

Reaction score
I have just completed a new keezer and have installed a Perlick 525ss faucet. I have been using my system with no problems with a picnic faucet connected to five feet of beverage line (i.e. nice pours without excess foam). Any thoughts on whether I might need more line for the faucet/shank combo vs the picnic faucet? Thanks and Happy brewing.

The length of your beer line has a lot to do with how foamy your beer will get.
The PSI you are using from your CO2 should match the pressure of your beer line. The total resistance should equal the desired level of carbonation. If your kegged beer is carbonated to 10 to 14 psi (pounds per square inch), the total resistance of all the tubing between the keg and the tap should equal 10 to 14 pounds.

■3/16″ ID vinyl tubing = 3 psi/ft
■1/4″ ID vinyl tubing = 0.85 psi/ft
■3/16″ ID Polyethylene tubing = 2.2 psi/ft
■1/4″ ID Polyethylene tubing = 0.5 psi/ft

Beer Smith Blog about Keg Line Length

Dallas

I followed the 10' of 3/16 line and have had 0 issues. Even if I could have gotten away with less, I'll take a slower pour for no foam and perfect pours each and every time any day of the week. It's better to start long and go from there if you ask me. Just my .02 though

Back