Is it ok to vary keg temps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
I currently have a new corny keg in my Sanyo mini fridge and want to cold crash my other 6.5 gallon carboy. The problem is that the corny and the carboy wont fit together in their. The beer in the corny is around 38F would it be ok to take the keg out for a few days and leave it in my basement where it is around 65 or so and then in 3 days put the keg back in the fridge after the carboy is crashed? Or will this cause fouling of the beer? The beer in the carboy is already carb'd.Thanks again!:rockin:

Your corny should be fine sitting out at 65* it won't foul unless you've let an infection get in there. I hope you meant that the corny is already carbed not the carboy... carboys should never be put under any significant amount of pressure.

Cornies can go up to 130 or so PSI so you should be fine keeping it out at room temp, plus they have a pressure relief valve.

Should I leave the CO2 connected while its out in the ambient room temp or just leave the keg out and not worry about the CO2 hooked up to it?

Back