Stubby 5-Gallon Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have not brewed since around 2006, and I am thinking of starting again. I got rid of my Corny kegs and beer freezer a long time ago. I will probably ask a lot of stupid questions because technology has passed me by, and here is the first one: has anyone come up with a 5-gallon keg that will fit in a fridge? I would like to have beer chilled and ready, but Corny kegs will not fit in my spare fridge unless I take the shelves out. And I hate bottling.

Can you accommodate 2.5 or 3.5 gallon corny kegs? For standing up you probably need to remove a shelf. But they can be normally operated lying on their sides too, liquid diptube at 6 o'clock, gas at 12.

Thanks for the reply. I can do that, but I don't want to put in a whole brew day and end up with 3.5 gallons.

On Morebeer.com, I just found the Megamouth Torpedo keg. It's 18" tall. Costs a lot, but looks like the size is right.

Thanks for the reply. I can do that, but I don't want to put in a whole brew day and end up with 3.5 gallons.
Smaller kegs can be used just as serving kegs. Fill them from one or more larger ones.

On Morebeer.com, I just found the Megamouth Torpedo keg. It's 18" tall.
I had never heard of those until now. They look very good!

Frankly, I'd build a keezer instead.
I'm using an upright freezer, fitting 5 5-gallon ball lock cornys on the bottom. I could even place five 3.5 gallon ones above them, if I wanted/needed to expand.

A friend of mine uses regular (top-freezer) fridges, 6 kegs per, and has taps coming through the wall into his bar.

Latest posts

Back