What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is staring at her nook. She is actually getting up to get double time in like 3 hours. Dumb ass. I give up. I got the kids...

Weak... mine is not giving up either. I am going for a refill. Tonight might be on par for a personal best for amount of "alcohol" consumed and still blatantly sober. Side note... I am going to be out your way soon for business. What is good to drink around there??

jvcjbl said:
Weak... mine is not giving up either. I am going for a refill. Tonight might be on par for a personal best for amount of "alcohol" consumed and still blatantly sober. Side note... I am going to be out your way soon for business. What is good to drink around there??

If nothing else go to Fatheads in the South Side and have a Fatheads Head Hunter IPA. Trust me on this one. Get a 4 pack to go if they have any. As long as you are in the South Side across the street from Fatheads is Pipers Pub. It's a scotish joint complete with a ridiculous selection of Scotch but screw that, they have QUAD beer engines. You should be able to get at least 2 different cask ales when you go. You can sample all the local breweries at these 2 places. East End, Full Pint, Voodoo, Penn Brewery. If you need a growler find East End. Good prices and good beer. I can also recommend Mad Mex for great Texmex and each restaurant has at least 20 taps of goodness.

If nothing else go to Fatheads in the South Side and have a Fatheads Head Hunter IPA. Trust me on this one. Get a 4 pack to go if they have any. As long as you are in the South Side across the street from Fatheads is Pipers Pub. It's a scotish joint complete with a ridiculous selection of Scotch but screw that, they have QUAD beer engines. You should be able to get at least 2 different cask ales when you go. You can sample all the local breweries at these 2 places. East End, Full Pint, Voodoo, Penn Brewery. If you need a growler find East End. Good prices and good beer. I can also recommend Mad Mex for great Texmex and each restaurant has at least 20 taps of goodness.

I want to say that we are 1 to 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh. Not sure where we are going to go as we are there for a week and its business. But I will drink, you best believe :rockin:

We are going to bed... rather I am making her go to bed. She is trying to order the "Incredible 80's" cd from Lifetime on TV. I've tried to explain to her that she was born in '87.... she isn't old enough to understand the '80s.... HAHAHA

i'm applying the rule that states "when homebrewing homemade beer, one must drink a beer, or two, maybe three". so as i'm about to pour in the malt, i'm drinking summer honey from the big sky brewing company. :mug:

jvcjbl said:
I want to say that we are 1 to 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh. Not sure where we are going to go as we are there for a week and its business. But I will drink, you best believe :rockin:

Which direction, I know some of those areas too.

Allagash Curieux

image-204881765.jpg

My Belgian Wit. It's supposed to be a clone of Mothership. The taste is very similar, but the color is way too dark.

DSCN1215.jpg

Rogue John John Juniper Ale. Not bad but not my favorite. Definitely has a gin flavor to it. I've had the John John Dead Guy and really liked that. I do think it's cool they are trying some different things.

Rogue John John Juniper Ale. Not bad but not my favorite. Definitely has a gin flavor to it. I've had the John John Dead Guy and really liked that. I do think it's cool they are trying some different things.

I liked the regular juniper pale better.Myself:mug:

Drinking a Rogue seahorse Pale ale, still like the juniper pale better as this is the same just no juniper in it.The john john and yellowsnow is the same recipe, just tried them all. I liked the juniper pale the most:mug::confused: All the same recipe, wtf?

My citra wheat. Only 5 left now. They went so fast. Going to try this again all grain in a few weeks.

image-3618189816.jpg

Picked up some Dirty Helen last night.

Liking it so far. Slightly nutty and malty, a decent bit of hops. Could do without the slightly fruity aftertaste. It will be something I try to clone, but try to circumevent the fruitiness (Low fermentation temp/yeast choice)

Last night:

1. Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti * 1
2. Sam Adams Imperial Stout * 2
3. Sam Adams DoubleBock * 1
4. Sam Adams Boston Lager * 1
5. Fat Tire * 6 - 9 (not sure)
6. Shocktop * 3 - 4
7. Sam Adams Summer Ale * 1
8. Sam Adams Latitude 48 * 1

There's probably more.

Camping right now... Got a clone of slurry bitter and pliney the elder...good stuff...picked up two local brews Big Sky Moose Drool and a Red Lodge Bent Nail. On the way out to the Midwest stopped by and picked up some New Glarus various pack... All are great.

Haputanlas said:
Last night:

1. Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti * 1
2. Sam Adams Imperial Stout * 2
3. Sam Adams DoubleBock * 1
4. Sam Adams Boston Lager * 1
5. Fat Tire * 6 - 9 (not sure)
6. Shocktop * 3 - 4
7. Sam Adams Summer Ale * 1
8. Sam Adams Latitude 48 * 1

There's probably more.

Party boy!!!

Went local tonight with a half growler (kicked the keg) of Sixpoint Saison and a bomber of Brooklyn 2. Both very good beers

bottle states: "Best after 6/15/12"

Of course, I read that after I poured this $12.95 bomber . . .

:drunk:

blackbutte.jpg

Last night at our local tap house (The Mews, Wakefield RI: 69 Beers on Tap) was "pint night."

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale...
Free Sierra Nevada glass - this thing is etched with their logo (and a 16 oz marker)... but the Win is an etching of a hop flower on the bottom of the glass!

Curious. How is it?

It should age. There was much bitterness up front, both hop and cocoa bitter; I could barely detect the listed orange zest and the 25% bourbon blend did not come through either. Yes, a year in the cellar is what this one was meant to be.

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout...out of a glass i got last week at O'Donnell's in Sea Isle City, NJ...i miss vacation already.

Drank two home brew pints of my dry english biter. Then we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings and I had two 24 oz Dogfish 60 Miniutes. Now I am home enjoying a nice glass of Malbec (wine for those who don't know).

Back