So we got a little cocky...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Having our Porter turn out so FREAKIN' AWESOME! we got a little cocky with our Irish Pale Ale.

We used some irish cream syrup in secondary. Tasting it before that was great and tasting it with some syrup wasn't bad. But alas the sugar content was going to leave, i knew that. However the slight coffee flavor they had in it stayed and now the beer tastes just weird... We decided to carb with Dextrose, instead of more irish cream. Once it's carbed we're going to play around with it... It's not bad with lemon/lime juice. Someone suggested Pineapple juice. I think once it's carbed and condition added syrup then will cover it up. We are by no means giving up on it. We don't waste beer, that's alcohol abuse. I'm asking for suggestions...

If all else fails we're going to box up the bottles and condition if for a while. It's a big beer 8.33% and yet has no hint of the alcohol content. It was designed that way. If we do it again we'd leave out the Irish Cream. It was a learning experience, and an experiment with Syrup. Glad we did it, but kind of disappointed.

So Suggestions are needed to help cover up the coffee flavor, it's really slight but heavy at first and then you get mild hop flavor. In other words it took over and killed the hops.

beer4breakfast said:
DeadYetiBrew explained the "we" in its collective first post.

lol thanks... Me and my cousin...

I somehow missed the posts on this... Basically the irish cream syrup is the stuff you put in coffee or something like that. irish Cream syrup is just like baileys except not cream and no alcohol in it and in syrup form. Irish Cream has a little coffee in it traditionally so that's where the coffee flavor came from... We tried a little lemon juice and it seemed to be pretty good.

Chairman Cheyco said:
O M F G

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of this post!

:off:

And I was thinking about him saying we got a little cock-y.

lol, if anything i'd be talking about the voices in my head... I'm not Richard Gere...

Chairman Cheyco said:
I wonder if his buddies ever say that to him? "What's this 'we' **** Richard? You got a hamster in your butt?"

In that circle he's know as Richard 'The Felch' Gere :off:

Back