In VT- need use of a capper. Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
Okay, so here's the deal:

I brew almost exclusively beer (with the occasional cider here and there), but I did a 1gal batch of mead a few months ago. My fiancé and I are getting married in June, and I had a plan to bottle the mead just before the wedding, and open a bottle each year on our anniversary (If I've done the math right, that's about 5 750ml bottles). The problem is, since I'm a beer brewer, I don't have a wine corker to bottle this mead. I live in Fair Haven, VT (Just outside of Rutland), and I was hoping that someone on HBT was local and would let me use their wine corker for an afternoon to bottle this very special batch of mead. Any help would be very much appreciated, and there'd be some free beer or mead in it for you.

Thanks.

If you feel like driving 4 hours I'll give you a double lever corker...you could even bring the mead and use my floor corker...but the drive kinda sucks.

Norwich, CT. Dude. You can come bottle it here! But there is no LHBS near you? Most have a corker or two for sale. Can't see them turning you down to 'borrow' it for an hour. Especially if you bring everything to the store!

Back