Your "kitchen sink" brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
So I figure this might be kinda fun to hear about. Theoretically, if you were to throw all you left over grains into a tun what would be in it and what would be its prospective stats. Say what you think the previous persons "recipe" would taste and how you think yours would. This doesn't really work for people who buy in bulk but for us po' boys should be neat.
3 lb 2 row
1 lb carmel 60LB
1 lb carmel 20LB
1 lb English pale malt
11oz chocolate malt
8oz biscuit
5oz peated malt
2oz black patent
1/2oz cluster hops(60min)
1/4oz fuggles(30min)
Us-05 American ale yeast
Projected IBU: 19
Project SRM: 34
Projected ABV: 4%

Sounds like a thin bodied porter. Dunno, glad I'm not brewing or drinkin it.

Cposten said:
So I figure this might be kinda fun to hear about. Theoretically, if you were to throw all you left over grains into a tun what would be in it and what would be its prospective stats. Say what you think the previous persons "recipe" would taste and how you think yours would. This doesn't really work for people who buy in bulk but for us po' boys should be neat.
3 lb 2 row
1 lb carmel 60LB
1 lb carmel 20LB
1 lb English pale malt
11oz chocolate malt
8oz biscuit
5oz peated malt
2oz black patent
1/2oz cluster hops(60min)
1/4oz fuggles(30min)
Us-05 American ale yeast
Projected IBU: 19
Project SRM: 34
Projected ABV: 4%

Sounds like a thin bodied porter. Dunno, glad I'm not brewing or drinkin it.

Shoot look in the pantry and throw in some cereal or sugar if too small, or make it as is but scale recipe to ABV target you would like better.

great thread ,it happened today went and started what was going to be
my standard 2-2-2 (2lb of lme,2 lb,dme , 2lb mini mash grain ) so I
got the grains going and go look in the lme bottle (18 lb half way used
and it's got mold in it ,dang now what ?) fast checking and I still have 2 lbs
of dme and a 1 lb of corn sugar, more grain and maple syrup and calypiso
hops and mystery hops.

So now we have 2 pots going one with a mini mash 3Lbs of mixed grain (mostly munich)mashed for 45 min then boiled for 45min the 1 oz of mystery
hops at the end also the maple syrup, the other has 2 lbs of dme ,and 1oz of calypso boiled for
an hour , then cooled down in an ice bath till under 80 f mixed in a carboy with 2 an a half gals of distilled water and a shot of pure O2 for a little bit
and pitched in some dry Cal ale yeast ,i will make sure she doesn't get to
warm under 70f and in five or so weeks ,we see whats what.

Back