Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JBFromOZ said:
I needed to be able to pour beer at my 40th so decided to make a modified "SULO" bin keg dispenser.

I had brewed 2 kegs of Canadian Blonde, an Australian Pale Ale, and a Cerveza. wasn't much left by the end of the weekend... the fermenter on top dispensed ice cold water for those wanting to space their drinks.

Thats really cool! Good idea with the ice water for people to space out their drinks, too. Homebrew can get lethal! Happy 40th!

JBFromOZ said:
I needed to be able to pour beer at my 40th so decided to make a modified "SULO" bin keg dispenser. We went a little upmarket, and bought an old wine barrel, fitted two taps through the side, and with 4 cornelius kegs, and the CO2 bottle n the middle, packing the rest of the space inside the barrel with ice, we were pouring ice cold brews all day, night and on to the next day. I had brewed 2 kegs of Canadian Blonde, an Australian Pale Ale, and a Cerveza. wasn't much left by the end of the weekend... the fermenter on top dispensed ice cold water for those wanting to space their drinks.

That is a really clever idea. If you can figure out how to cool one I could see some micros buying it to serve out of. Has a cellar / man cave kind of appeal.

After lurking on here for over a year and reading hundreds of posts for inspiration, I have finally decided to share my work. I would like to thank Jester and everyone else that posted their Kegerators to provide the motivation to start with this obsession. This eventually became the nicest piece of furniture in our house.

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

I think she likes it.
IMAG0080.jpg

I built this around a year ago, but never posted it online. Chest freezer is hidden behind a wall in the basement. 3 tap setup with 4 gas lines, to always have an extra keg on gas. I found some great ideas on this site and while searching the world wide interweb

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

I built this around a year ago, but never posted it online. Chest freezer is hidden behind a wall in the basement. 3 tap setup with 4 gas lines, to always have an extra keg on gas. I found some great ideas on this site and while searching the world wide interweb

I like it. How cold does the air in the PVC stay?

That is a really clever idea. If you can figure out how to cool one I could see some micros buying it to serve out of. Has a cellar / man cave kind of appeal.

I hear you! the biggest issue i faced for my event was that we were going to be in the middle of the bush without power, so how to cool and keep cool 4 kegs of beer was the challenge. the wood in the barrel did a great job of keeping the 35 degree direct sun off the ice, and the whole system stayed icy cold for beers the next day as well :)

I hear you! the biggest issue i faced for my event was that we were going to be in the middle of the bush without power, so how to cool and keep cool 4 kegs of beer was the challenge. the wood in the barrel did a great job of keeping the 35 degree direct sun off the ice, and the whole system stayed icy cold for beers the next day as well :)

That sounds like one hell of a party.

I have a CPU fan hooked up to a an old cell phone charger that sucks cold air from the keezer up to the beer lines. You can see it in the right corner on this pic. It isn't very powerful, but keeps the beer perfectly cool in the lines and I've never had a foaming issue.

IMAG0171.jpg

I have a CPU fan hooked up to a an old cell phone charger that sucks cold air from the keezer up to the beer lines. You can see it in the right corner on this pic. It isn't very powerful, but keeps the beer perfectly cool in the lines and I've never had a foaming issue.

Nice, have you thought about wrapping the pvc with foam tape?

still need to put final touches on the hinges but it's fully operational finally - just in time for big party on Friday for the GF's bday

used redwood for the collar, finished with several coats of Formby's Tung Oil Finish

mj keezer-sm.jpg

Finally I made it through this thread. Thanks to all of you I am now building my own kegerator I just ordered all the parts for a 2 tap system hoping to expand to 3 eventually. Now I just need the fridge. This thread is definately a small economic boost for all its inspired!

Finally I made it through this thread. Thanks to all of you I am now building my own kegerator I just ordered all the parts for a 2 tap system hoping to expand to 3 eventually. Now I just need the fridge. This thread is definately a small economic boost for all its inspired!

you read the whole thread? wow.

Click my signature link to the build thread. I recessed the drip tray by cutting a hole into the plywood that is the base of the lid. I then have a small sheet of 1/4" ply that props up the drip tray to the correct height.

Here's mine, just finished it today. She's nothing special, but I love her already!
The last pic is my first pour of a Pumpkim Ale I kegged a few weeks ago.

I think I already might need a new regulator and might look into a Perlick tap tower, I've heard so many good things about them.

Cheers!

Nick

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just picked up a 18.5 cubic foot Kenmore chest freezer on craigslist for $40..! Thing looks brand new with a few tiny dings on the front. Can't wait to start my keezer build and upgrade to 12 taps from 4, and current kegerator will become fermentation chamber. Hello lagers!!! Will post picks once done.

GryphonBrew said:
Just picked up a 18.5 cubic foot Kenmore chest freezer on craigslist for $40..! Thing looks brand new with a few tiny dings on the front. Can't wait to start my keezer build and upgrade to 12 taps from 4, and current kegerator will become fermentation chamber. Hello lagers!!! Will post picks once done.

Gotta love Craig's List when it comes to picking up chillers on the cheap :)

I'll be surprised if you can actually fit 12 kegs in an 18.5 footer, though...

Cheers!

Okay guys, I have my Sanyo 4912 being delivered today. I"m thinking of ordering a 2.5 or 3 gallon corny, to use along with two 5 gallon kegs. Is anybody using 3 or 2.5g cornies on the compressor hump in their 4912?

Gotta love Craig's List when it comes to picking up chillers on the cheap :)

I'll be surprised if you can actually fit 12 kegs in an 18.5 footer, though...

Cheers!

Yeah, I don’t think she knew how much she could have gotten for it.

You’re right… did my math incorrectly. The inside dimensions are 51 long x 23 wide x 29 deep. So assuming that the kegs are 9” in diameter I should be able to have 10 in a 5x2 configuration once the collar is built with some room to spare…. Darn, only 10…

However, if they are all exactly 8.5, then I can fit 12 with no room to spare at all.

Yeah, I don’t think she knew how much she could have gotten for it.

You’re right… did my math incorrectly. The inside dimensions are 51 long x 23 wide x 29 deep. So assuming that the kegs are 9” in diameter I should be able to have 10 in a 5x2 configuration once the collar is built with some room to spare…. Darn, only 10…

However, if they are all exactly 8.5, then I can fit 12 with no room to spare at all.

Well, I gues we may both be wrong. It was driving my crazy, so I went home for lunch and traced out the bottom of one of my ball lock kegs. It's 8.5 inches, and as you can see there's even wiggle room with 13 in there... not a lot of wiggle room, but still. I will post this picture to the cornie kegerator sizing thread too.

141tq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I dunno.... I think you'll need a bigger freezer. Having 65gal of beer on hand might not be enough..... :cross:

Bahahhaha! Yeah, well that's why I convinced the SWMBO to let me put this in the kitchen under the counter when we did our remodel. Each "row" hold a 6 pack just incase a party breaks out and those 65 gallons on tap ever run dry.

143wt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, I gues we may both be wrong. It was driving my crazy, so I went home for lunch and traced out the bottom of one of my ball lock kegs. It's 8.5 inches, and as you can see there's even wiggle room with 13 in there... not a lot of wiggle room, but still. I will post this picture to the cornie kegerator sizing thread too.

Forgot about the hump space. But how tall of a collar will you need to put kegs on that hump? I'm thinking hefting 50 pounds of beer and keg over a tall collar and into a tight space in that back row might not be much fun...

Cheers!

Forgot about the hump space. But how tall of a collar will you need to put kegs on that hump? I'm thinking hefting 50 pounds of beer and keg over a tall collar and into a tight space in that back row might not be much fun...

Cheers!

Probably an 8" collar, but I'll most likely end up attaching it to the lid for easier use. If not, no worries, I'm a bigger guy & 50lbz is just a warm-up.

Oh my God!!!! That's effing beautiful! Right now I live in a townhouse with little room, but when my wife and I get a house THAT is going to be in it. Exactly what I have in mind and classy as hell. Nicely done!

Oh my God!!!! That's effing beautiful! Right now I live in a townhouse with little room, but when my wife and I get a house THAT is going to be in it. Exactly what I have in mind and classy as hell. Nicely done!

Yeah thanks Mrp390. I've been there before and when we upgraded I wanted to do it right. It's got a glass front door that I tried to take the picture through, but the flash wouldnt let me.

You can actually pick them up pretty cheap on cyber monday coming up. Thats how we got ours a few years back. I think it was 66% off or somthing odd like that.

Lot's of credit is due to this awesome board. Was a GE 5.0 freezer in white, begging for a better life. Now a sports a double-hinged 2x12 collar w/ styrofoam insulation and textured black paint. Holds 4x ball-locks, a couple 6ers, spare yeast and a pound of hops. 3x Perlick 525ss w/ ss shanks & driptray. Got a deal on a #20 tank sitting outside but a #10 would fit neatly indoors. Red ropelight brightens things up. Adjusted internal temp control to chill 40 all day. Who needs Bells, Founders or Hopcat? Cheers! :mug:

P1020831.JPG

P1020832.JPG

P1020834.JPG

141tq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!! :rockin:

Back