What commercial beers are in your 'fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boulevard Pale Ale, Boulevard Lunar Ale, a few left over from my last batch..a nondescript IPA. In process is something called Redheaded CPA...the CPA standing for Cherry Pale Ale. My first fruit beer. Should be interesting.

I just opened up my last Midas Touch (seemed an appropriate accompaniment while reading the Aeneid), so that leaves...1.5 cases of Natural Light. What? I'm a college student.:eek: I've got a bottle of the '07 Stone Vertical Epic "cellaring," but I'm opening that up this weekend on bottling day. I admire people who can age things like Vertical Epic for years and years, but I lack that kind of self control.

In my fridge:
6 Mic Ultra (for SHMBO)
2 Fuller's ESB
1 Anchor Steam
1 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
4 Hoegaarden
8 Grolsch (because of the bottles)
Plus a 24 case of Bell's Oberon in the basement

I'm building up a stock of empties for my first brewing and bottling session. I can't justify paying a lot for bottles when you can buy one with beer in it for about the same cost. Plus it's helping calibrate my tastes for the type of beer I want to brew.

We don't get Bell's out here in CA. (at least I haven't seen it) but I was back in Michigan at the end of August and damn, that Oberon is good this year. I came really close to buying a 5L keg at the grocery store. I didn't want to see the look on SWMBO's face when I told her she would have to find a way to pack it so I passed.

2-Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
1-Great Lakes Holy Moses
1-Great Lakes Elliot Ness
3-Hoegaarden
5-New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale
2-Bass

2 - SN Bigfoot Ales
1 - Blue Moon "Harvest Moon"
1 - Bud Light
4 - Dogfish Head Indian Brown

Just got back from Milwaukee and a run to Discount Liquor while we were at my sisters.

$200 later.. we have 2 cases of SNPA, some Smuttynose Cherry-something-or-other, Twisted Raspberry Tea, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Gennessee Cream Ale, Hardcore Apple Cider, SWMBO's Pumpkiny-Spice Beer, Moose Drool Ale, Hoffbrau Maibock and I think that about covers it.

As of a few minutes ago, nothing. I am currently enjoying a glass of Allagash Tripel Reserve (batch 89.):mug:

I had planned on cellaring it but you know how that goes.:p

A couple of Widmer Hefe's, a couple Flying Dog Classic Pale Ales and a couple of Coor's Light's (for using as cold compresses, throwing at the neighbor's barking dogs and giving to the in-laws)s

Let's see....

4 left of a 6-pack of Hazed and Infused (first time trying it - like it!)

1 Lakefront Brewery Eastside Dark (like this a lot too...)

6 pack of Leinies Light (almost as cheap as Milwaukee's beast in cans ;o) )

I think there's a Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse left in there somewhere too...

8 - Warfteiner (Warsteiner)
1 - Eightball Stout (Lost Coast Brewery)
1 - Imperial Stout (Left Hand Brewery)
1 - Speedway Stout (AleSmith)

The last three I'll have today while brewing my Espresso Imperial Stout.

Wild

I've got 4 Bell's two-Hearted ale, and 6 Bells Amber.

10-12 years ago you'd of had to pay me to drink Bell's beer. Now bell's is my favorite label. I don't know what happened though I always suspected the water Bells was being brewed with down in Kalamazoo was giving it what I thought was a nasty taste. I just tried bells again a couple months ago and found that the beer is top notch. Their production brewery is now in Comstock Park meaning a totally different water supply. Whatever the reason, Bells is now a beer worth heavy praise.

Al I have is one Mudshark Hefeweizen, one Modelo, and one Heineken. I do have a couple cases of Stone beer in the "cellar" though.:mug:

Six of Sierra Nevada Porter. Couple Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

And a six of St. Arnold Divine Reserve 5 aging.

Oh. And some tailgate leftover Lone Star Lights. Mmmm. Lone Star Light.

Let's see here:

1 Avery Reverend
1 Koenigs Hoeven Quadruple
1 Orval
2 Duvels
1 Chimay
A few Sam Adams bottles
Some flying dog stuff
Some Young's Double Chocolate Stout (4-cans I think)

Can you tell that I've been on a bit of a Belgian Kick?

Not a whole lot as I'm a poor college student but:

3 cans of Bud light, 1 Coors light (not mine I swear)
some wine coolers(also not mine)
and 1 Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout :) (mine)

Just picked up a Lindeman's Geuze comma Rochefort 8 comma and a four pack of Rodenbach Grand Cru. The Grand Cru is for tonight while the others are for tomorrow while brewing.

Giggity Giggety Geuze! Sure it's lindemans, but it's still good. Is the label yellow? Search out some Cantillon and/or Boon and/or Hanssens. Yay on the Roche 8! Yay on the Roden GC!

Me...

Drank a Bell's Double Cream Stout last night. Still got a Blue Moon Winter Ale (free sample from distributor, might pour it out depending on how bad it is), a Blue Mountain Brewery Full Nelson Pale Ale (Go Taylor!) and a Sierra Nevada Hop Harvest.

Hey, Sause...what's up with that "real" comma in your location?

Evan! said:
Giggity Giggety Geuze! Sure it's lindemans, but it's still good. Is the label yellow? Search out some Cantillon and/or Boon and/or Hanssens. Yay on the Roche 8! Yay on the Roden GC!

Hey, Sause...what's up with that "real" comma in your location?

WOW was the Rodenbach f**king great. :ban: I need to make this. The Rochefort is ok comma not that great. And what comma in my location?;)

And yes it has a yellow label. Cuvee Rene Geuze.

4 Miller Lites (They're for my F-I-L, I swear!)
1 Blue Moon

It was 6 Brooklyn Lagers + 6 Blue Moons. The ML is hidden all the way in the back. In fact, we're going to my inlaw's today for his birthday. I should go look for some ribbon and bows and clear out the 4 MLs :)

I picked up a mixed case from the Victory Brewery last night, so i have a 6 Pack of Storm King, Six Pack of Prima Pils, and I did have 2 six packs of Hop Devil, But now there is only one left after last night......

Hop Wollop Comes out next week! Cant Wait!:cross:

Cauldron7 said:
I picked up a mixed case from the Victory Brewery last night, so i have a 6 Pack of Storm King, Six Pack of Prima Pils, and I did have 2 six packs of Hop Devil, But now there is only one left after last night......

Hop Wollop Comes out next week! Cant Wait!:cross:

Have you had the storm king lately? I can't say I really like it all that much anymore...could have sworn it tasted (/better) different a couple years ago.

I love the Storm King. Although I did have on cask at Victory last week (not bad), and i enjoy the bottles, but its amazing on a nitro pour. they have another stoudt now (I think its called Donneybrook?) that is a nice beer as well. a little more dry than the storm King. But the DB is only about 3.5% Vs the 9.1% of the storm king. its a total ass kicker.

Cauldron7 said:
I love the Storm King. Although I did have on cask at Victory last week (not bad), and i enjoy the bottles, but its amazing on a nitro pour. they have another stoudt now (I think its called Donneybrook?) that is a nice beer as well. a little more dry than the storm King. But the DB is only about 3.5% Vs the 9.1% of the storm king. its a total ass kicker.

I recall storm king being a bit smoother and more complex in the past. The last few samples I have had (bottle) were a bit hotter and not as "deep." Yeah, donny brook. Haven't had it yet (though sly fox's O'reily is killer)

Dunno if you are aware but Capone's in Norristown is hosting a special Victory tap night tomorrow:

Beers tapped at 11:30 give aways start after 6:30 & Also meet the brewers too!

Hop Devil
Hop Wallop
Prima Pils (GBAF-Silver Medal Winner)
Fest Bier (GBAF-Gold Medal Winner)
Storm King
Donny Brook Stout
Moon Glow (Weizen Bock)
Mad King Weisse
Golden Monkey
Fresh Hop Harvest Pils
Fresh Hop Harvest Ale
( Mystery Keg)

Oh thats fantastic! ive never been there, but i have plan to meet a client of in King of Prussia for drinks tomorrow, Maybe I will move it to norristown!

Cauldron7 said:
Oh thats fantastic! ive never been there, but i have plan to meet a client of in King of Prussia for drinks tomorrow, Maybe I will move it to norristown!

Germantown ave, right up from Plymouth Meeting.

Highly recommended! Good food and an excellent bottle shop.

Thats even better news, He lives right by the plymouth meeting mall. That should be an easy sell! Appreciate the heads up!

Cauldron7 said:
Thats even better news, He lives right by the plymouth meeting mall. That should be an easy sell! Appreciate the heads up!

They are not far from Swede rd and Germantown pke

224 W Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
(610) 279-4748

The roast pork sandwich is my personal favorite but you can't go wrong with their cheese steaks or crab cakes. Be prepared to go nuts in the bottle shop! Matt personally trucks some stuff from the western half of the state that you generally can't get in this area.

Cauldron7 said:

They are not far from Swede rd and Germantown pke

224 W Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
(610) 279-4748

The roast pork sandwich is my personal favorite but you can't go wrong with their cheese steaks or crab cakes. Be prepared to go nuts in the bottle shop! Matt personally trucks some stuff from the western half of the state that you generally can't get in this area & has a wicked selection in general.

I've got the ends of a Wild Goose sampler.

India Pale Ales, Stouts, Porters and Amber Ales.

I've got 15 gallons of apfelwein going (I go through it QUICKLY) and two kits in transit plus a half keg left of my Irish Red Ale (which I am not too crazy about).

Youngs Double Chocolate Stoudt, Lancaster Brewing Co Hop Hog IPA and my personal fave Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. The later which I have a full cup of right next to me!:rockin:

Back