Beersmith 2 won't open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejaz

Reaction score
I get message another copy is running and it won't open. The only way to open is to reboot computer, but once you close it you get same message when trying to re-open.

Confused! If you reboot the computer it should shut down all the programs and BS should not be open when restarted. You should be able to find out what programs are running. I don't know how on all computers. I have had the same problem and stumble around until I get to the open BS.

Confused! If you reboot the computer it should shut down all the programs and BS should not be open when restarted. You should be able to find out what programs are running. I don't know how on all computers. I have had the same problem and stumble around until I get to the open BS.

If you reboot then the program starts but once you close it you cant't restart it without rebooting. I just rebooted and started the program again and then closed it. I checked in Windows Task Master to see if the program was still running qnfd it was not and still didn't open when I tried it again. I reopened Task Manger and tabbed over to process and Beersmith was on there , I highlighted it and deleted it. Beersmith then stated but would not reopen once I closed it. Shouldn't have to go thru all this BS to open BS. Also can not upgrade to 2.2 because BS says it is closing down the program but the program won't restart.

Sounds like a major pita from here.
If you have your installation key, back up your Beersmith documents folder, delete the whole installation and start over...

Cheers!

Hi,
- Shut down the process from task manager
- Download and install the latest update (2.2.12) from BeerSmith.com main download page and it should fix it
- We had a bug in one of the 2.2 releases that could cause it to hang for some users - it was fixed about a day later - sorry for the problem...

Brad

Hi,
- Shut down the process from task manager
- Download and install the latest update (2.2.12) from BeerSmith.com main download page and it should fix it
- We had a bug in one of the 2.2 releases that could cause it to hang for some users - it was fixed about a day later - sorry for the problem...

Brad

tried that yesterday, tried it again just now. Get error message can't right to files. Tried again, changed directory name. Work if you open twice, you get message that a copies open the first time but that's a lot better than rebooting.

won't install 202, if I try then I get the message agin that another copy is running, then i have to go back and install 202 to anither directory but it's not 2.2 it's 2 I just live with the old verision, it's not worth the hass3el.

Hi,
When you go to task manager make sure "BeerSmith2.exe" is not running on the Processes tab. The fact that you can't write to the file indicates it probably is still running. It may show up in the Applications tab, but will show up in the Processes tab. Kill it there, then install the latest version which is 2.2.12 and it should correct your issues.

Brad

I have a question I go to update and says it has to shut down to update and I click yes it shuts down but never updates so I go into task manager like you say to reopen beersmith and same thing happens why won't it update I'm running windows 7

The exact message I get is YOUR BEERSMITH UPDATE HAS BEEN DOWNLOADED AND IS READY TO INSTALL. TO INSTALL THE NEW VERSION WE WILL NEED TO SHUT DOWN BEERSMITH. INSTALL THIS NEW VERSION NOW? So I click yes it shuts down and nothing happens

Hi - make sure the program is not running first from the task manager. Next just manually download the update from http://beersmith.com/download-beersmith and install it. After that you should be good as the latest fixes should enable downloading of future updates.

Brad

Back