Style Ideas for Brett Trous Re-use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcp27

Reaction score
I'm currently crashing my latest 100% Brett Trois IPA and am stuck on what to make re-using the cake. I've only done tripels, saisons, blonds & IPAs with all brett before, so am trying to figure out something different to try with it before I re-use it again to ferment a rye berliner. I was originally thinking of doing a stout or something like a ryezenbock to see how it works, but I'm having second thoughts. any good ideas on what to make with with it?

One thing I have been considering to do with Trois, since I have had more success using it in hoppy beers over Saisons, is to brew Janet's Brown Ale with it. Not really sure how it would end up but Trois pairs nicely with hops and I am curious how it would work with a maltier style. Plus that recipe is already A+ so you know you have a good base beer.

oh damn that would've been a good one. maybe ill add that in before the berliner too. I got antsy and ended up going with an american rye (comet & cascade) last night

Back