Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still upset the Falcons lost despite how dominant Ryan was. How can the rest of the team suck so much to make up for the fact that Ryan posted arguably the best game of any QB that has played the Harbaugh 49ers.

Falcons defense needs a reality check, Nolan could hide their deficiencies against most teams but not against the Seahawks and Niners. They need a way to stop the run and not change their base D so you know they don't leave tightends wide open all the time.

I'm still upset the Falcons lost despite how dominant Ryan was. How can the rest of the team suck so much to make up for the fact that Ryan posted arguably the best game of any QB that has played the Harbaugh 49ers.

Falcons defense needs a reality check, Nolan could hide their deficiencies against most teams but not against the Seahawks and Niners. They need a way to stop the run and not change their base D so you know they don't leave tightends wide open all the time.

The defense didn't throw a pick and fumble a snap in the middle of the Niners push to come back. I will say, respect for Ryan playing it out with a seperated shoulder.

The defense didn't throw a pick and fumble a snap in the middle of the Niners push to come back. I will say, respect for Ryan playing it out with a seperated shoulder.

The defense also let up 7.3 yards per play. Ryan threw for 9.2 Y/A against the Niners. The pick was not really Ryan's fault, first it was a great break and play by Culliver, second Roddy fell, had he been on his feet maybe Culliver can't get there to make the pick maybe it's a completion. Who knows on that.

He did botch the fumble, but if Ryan didn't make a few mistakes then he would have had arguably one of the all time greatest playoff performances of all time, and if you have to rely on a QB to have one of the all time greatest playoff performances of all time to win a game, you're in deep doodoo.

Ryan had a great day but if you can't score in the second half, it's hard to keep a lead. Last week against Seattle if Carroll would have kicked a FG instead of going for it on 4th and 1, it would have been over.......and yesterday would have been 49ers vs. Seahawks.
Coaches make poor decisions just as players do. It wasn't time for the Falcons. But, I am biased and not sorry they lost.

251818_417362111675275_1757499527_n.jpg

I'll say it, Brady is the best QB ever. Or at least the best QB of the current ERA (from about the early 80s to today) if you don't want to compare the pre-WCO to today.

I guess after yesterdays performance we can safely say this is not even close to the truth. Not even sure he is in the top 5.

I really couldn't care less who wins the Super Bowl this year. Texans are out. Now Patriots are out. I guess I could just go for the Ravens since they're AFC. I don't care too much for NFC teams.

Brady was one of the best ever. I wouldn't say THE best ever. But he was ONE OF the best ever. "Was" being an operative word.

Cape Brewing said:
Haha. Yeah, cause "only" making it to the AFC championship for a seventh time makes him suck?

Haha!! You guys are clowns

Forget the QB stats, it's about your team. Before you know it your star QB is doing Wranglers (or Uggs) commercials and sexting pics to girls their daughters age.

Haha. Yeah, cause "only" making it to the AFC championship for a seventh time makes him suck?

Haha!! You guys are clowns

be real brady was good in his first 5 years but has not won the big won since. he keeps losing the big games. the great QB's win the championship games not lose them. montana, bradshaw, won their super bowl's.

The best QB ever argument is futile, especially when people bring out the stat sheets which only paint half the picture at most.

The best QBs I have SEEN (with my eyes) in order are: Montana, P. Manning, Elway, Brady, Marino.

That's my list and I don't have subjective nonsense to prove it; it's simply an opinion based on what I've seen.

So, who's going to win it all? I'm not sure yet but one of these QBs are going to implode and that'll be the difference.

Cape Brewing said:
You apparently don't watch a lot of NFL football

I watch almost as much as you track yards, TDs, INTs, playoff (see above), ...etc. which is quite a bit if you take into account all your half ass justifications you've spewed in this thread. I bet if you buy the right statistics software it will not only tell you that NE is the best team of all time, but you are the best football smart guy that ever lived. So good for you guy. I applaud you for living in ESPN biased wonderland; it must be hard.

I watch almost as much as you track yards, TDs, INTs, playoff (see above), ...etc. which is quite a bit if you take into account all your half ass justifications you've spewed in this thread. I bet if you buy the right statistics software it will not only tell you that NE is the best team of all time, but you are the best football smart guy that ever lived. So good for you guy. I applaud you for living in ESPN biased wonderland; it must be hard.

And I applaud your ability to romantize QBs of yesteryear... As if Joe Montana went out and threw perfect games every time he got on the field by throwing 98 yard perfect spiral TDs every time he tossed a football.

"Bacccccccck in myyyyyy day, we didn't have these new fangled PASSING offenses. Our QBs had to throw the ball but they also had to snap it to themselves and then block SIX defensive linemen!! Plus in MY day, the defense could line up 52 guys on D on any given play!! Not like these pansy 11 on 11 games QBs from today play."

Haha.

Clown.

Calling it now, the Ravens are still so damn focused on what went down last Sunday night, there's no way they're gonna get themselves together for next Sunday. 49'ers all the way. Enjoy the ride, Colin what'syourname...

Calling it now, the Ravens are still so damn focused on what went down last Sunday night, there's no way they're gonna get themselves together for next Sunday. 49'ers all the way. Enjoy the ride, Colin what'syourname...

yeah... I kind of agree... they're spending a lot of time either pissing and moaning over Brady's effin' slide or power jerkin' off over the win. I haven't heard a peep out of the 49'rs who seem actually focused.

They've got two weeks, though - it's not next Sunday, it's the following week.

Ugh. Still pissed off about the game. Wake me up when training camp starts.

That shot was totally clean. He knocked Ridley cold.

Clean hit? Yes. But I thought this was obnoxious trash talk. I want someone to blow out pollards knees.

And another thing. No one dumps on Montana for the 12 years he didn't make it to the superbowl. If Brady had a young Jerry Rice, he would be 5 and 0.

Here's what I don't get about the Ravens being pissed about Brady's slide.

Brady was SLIDING; he had given himself up. The only way for Ed Reed to get hurt was if he, in fact, hit Brady after he began his slide, i.e. Reed only gets hurt if he himself commits a foul.

Cape Brewing said:
That stings... especially coming from you since you're going to be able to sit and enjoy watching your team in the Super Bowl this year. Painful.

Wrong! The correct response was, "which one?"

Haaaahahahahahahhaha!!!

you guys must be giddy that the Packers had an extra week to practice their golf game... that's always nice. Maybe they can beat some of the Pats players at THAT.

yeah... I kind of agree... they're spending a lot of time either pissing and moaning over Brady's effin' slide or power jerkin' off over the win. I haven't heard a peep out of the 49'rs who seem actually focused.

Yeah this has made me happy. I really don't care if Suggs says some dumb stuff or if Belicheck doesn't want to interview, the people who criticize him for not interviewing would do the same exact thing if not cry after getting beat like that so who cares if Belicheck just says no, it's just networks that care. However, I am loving the Ravens still talking about the Pats. They are focused on ZOMG we beat Brady and Belicheck look at us and those guys slide kick people and god has spared me from a murder rap for this exact moment! All along the Niners came out after the game and said we got one more game let's do it and then went in to quiet mode. Beating Brady seems like the Ravens defenses super bowl the way they are still talking.

Clean hit? Yes. But I thought this was obnoxious trash talk. I want someone to blow out pollards knees.

And another thing. No one dumps on Montana for the 12 years he didn't make it to the superbowl. If Brady had a young Jerry Rice, he would be 5 and 0.

Umm, Montana's SBs were spread out throughout his career. Also, Brady had the WR with the most explosive season of all time in one of those loses.

And I applaud your ability to romantize QBs of yesteryear... As if Joe Montana went out and threw perfect games every time he got on the field by throwing 98 yard perfect spiral TDs every time he tossed a football.

"Bacccccccck in myyyyyy day, we didn't have these new fangled PASSING offenses. Our QBs had to throw the ball but they also had to snap it to themselves and then block SIX defensive linemen!! Plus in MY day, the defense could line up 52 guys on D on any given play!! Not like these pansy 11 on 11 games QBs from today play."

Haha.

Clown.

Ok...I guess go ahead and completely change the context so that you make that useless point....I expect better

I'll play along: is that anything like "Back in the day when the Patriots won Superbowls"?

Yeah this has made me happy. I really don't care if Suggs says some dumb stuff or if Belicheck doesn't want to interview, the people who criticize him for not interviewing would do the same exact thing if not cry after getting beat like that so who cares if Belicheck just says no, it's just networks that care. However, I am loving the Ravens still talking about the Pats. They are focused on ZOMG we beat Brady and Belicheck look at us and those guys slide kick people and god has spared me from a murder rap for this exact moment! All along the Niners came out after the game and said we got one more game let's do it and then went in to quiet mode. Beating Brady seems like the Ravens defenses super bowl the way they are still talking.

It's about being professional and respectful enough to fulfill the requirements in your contract. I mean it's just childish and shows how sore of a loser he is. This behavior is why people don't like the guy. He's hard to like if your not an NE fan.

Back