Where are the wine brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crum

Reaction score
Ok this will be my third post in the wine forum with no replies or any other activity.

Does anyone actually brew wine out there? We are still doing are first batch, but where are all the other wine brewers.

crum said:
Ok this will be my third post in the wine forum with no replies or any other activity.

Does anyone actually brew wine out there? We are still doing are first batch, but where are all the other wine brewers.
This is the first fall I've missed in a few years. But I usually buy grapes from one of the local home brew shops. They're shipped out from California to a market in Boston. I've had my best luck with reds but have done a couple of whites from juice that came out pretty nicely. What are you doing for your frist batch?

Well, I'm not very experienced at it yet myself, but always enjoy sharing ideas. What kind of wine are you making?

The other night I opened a bottle of my latest batch of apple wine. It was actually supposed to be hard cider, but I was too busy at work when it was time to bottle it, so the yeast was dead by the time I added a little sugar for the secondary ferment in the bottle. However, even though it's not what I was trying to make, it turned out great in the end.

Rather than being dry, extra tart, and supercharged with carbonation, it is semi sweet and just a little spritzy. But by far the best part is the aromas. This year, it was rather cold out in my garage the entire time it was brewing, even freezing many times. This slowed down the ferment and preserved the aromas much better than in warmer years past. Past batches smelled like yeast, beer, and a bit of applesauce, but this one is bursting with fruit, spice, and floral aromas. (also yeast since it's so young, but bottle age should help) I don't even know where they came from. I haven't gotten to do a formal evaluation on it yet, but am really pleased so far compared to my previous efforts. I think this will convince me to control the temperature of fermentation more closely in the future.

I have just joined this forum and have been brewing wine(and brandy) with my uncle for a few years and would like to trade recipes with anyone who is willing!
btw we grow our own blackberries and grapes for the wine and brandy we make.

Latest posts

Back