forgot to add crystal 120...anything i can do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew300

Reaction score
I am making an American Amber from Brewing Classic Styles and I forgot to add the crystal 120. Any suggestions on turning it into something different or should I just leave it alone? Im boiling it right now. The ingredients it calls for are 9.25lb Maris Otter, 0.75lb Crystal 40, 1lb Munich, 0.5lb Victory and 0.5lb Crystal 120. Hop schedule is Horizon @ 60, Cascade and Centennial @ 10, Cascade and Centennial @ 0. Thanks.

At this point, yeah... let it ride. Though you might have rendered a little of the toffee flavors by doing a quick boil of the first runnings. Not much help presently though.

you can steep it in a grain bag on your stove top....

even boil it on your stove top and add to fermenter before pitching the yeast. You'll have to run a quick calculation of how much water to use.

thanks!...im steeping it as we speak for 30min and I will just throw it into the end of the boil

Back