tried a few new beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrueruss

Reaction score
Ok.. just trying a few beers today:

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot..... drinking it right now and I must say it is delicious. Not too hot alcohol... very malty... not too sweet.. Very good barley wine. I'd have another tonight but after the other beers and at 11%.. maybe not Planning to age some and enjoy next year. I suspect it will develop nicely.

Bells Amber... keep hearing how Bells is good.. finally tried some of their Amber and it was extremely well balanced and good. Add to regular commercial beer list. Makes me want to make a true balanced amber. (on the list now)

Sam Adams Longshot Category 23..

Black Hop: good... need to have another to give a full opinion but definitely a homebrew taste. Maybe a little muddled but good. Worth a try.

Lavender Ale: better than I thought it would be.. a little odd... not bad though... more beer flavor than I thought it would have

Friar Hop Ale: good.. but I would prefer less hop in my trappist style ales... maybe that's just me... I did enjoy them though. I would drink them again. I recommend giving it a try.

Love the Bigfoot - one of my favorite beers.

Not big on the Amber but thats probably just me. I'm a big fan of Bells Two Hearted.

Tried the Category 23s last weekend. I actually think the Lavender was my favorite.

Latest posts

Back