New Kegerator, Controller, and Man Cave!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modobrew

Reaction score
Thanks to all of the inspiration from this forum, I have yet again spent too much money on this "hobby"! However, it is worth every penny! I love all of the DIY things you all have put out there for us to use as inspiration. From this site, I have been inspired to build a stir plate, temp controller, 1 kegerator, 1 keezer, immersion chiller, our 15 gallon plastic conical chilling system, and our all grain system.

I currently have a small dorm fridge converted to a 2 faucet draft tower setup, however, I have more beer to keg and no where to dispense it, so I needed to grow my dispensing abilities. So I've now moved on to a 5 keg system.

Image of my current 2 tap kegerator. My brother is buying this from me, so I'll soon be able to fund a dual pressure regulator for my 5 keg system. :ban:
dsc_0387-43068.jpg

With that said I leave you guys with some images of my own from my recent projects.

First, the controller build. Here I'm taping up the outside of the box before marking and cutting a spot for the "Ebay Temp Controller".
controller-taped-58200.jpg

Here is the Controller installed.
controller-testfit-58198.jpg

Here I'm test fitting the outlet in the hole I made for it in the side of the project box.
outlet-testfit-58201.jpg

Here is the outlet in place.
outlet-in-58199.jpg

The controller being tested.
controller-test-58197.jpg

I wired the controller so that the top outlet is always powered on. This way I have an outlet to plug other things into, for instance, my stir plate.
outlet-top-on-58196.jpg

And finally a picture of the back of the controller. This is how I decided to mount my controller to the keezer. I glued rare earth magnets to the back, and then put adhesive non-skid pads to keep it from sliding down the keezer.
back-controller-58187.jpg

And now onto the Beer Dispensing Machine! I bought a new Kenmore 13.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer to convert. I went this route, due to the ease of getting the kegs in and out easily, plus I have no wood working tools at the moment that would allow me to make a collar for a chest style. I'm very pleased with my decision.

Here's a pic of the bling pr0n, 4 Perlick 525SS Faucets.
faucets-58193.jpg

A shot of the freezer with 2 faucets installed.
2-in-door-58192.jpg

A shot with 4 installed. I have a spot for a 5th faucet marked, but not sure what faucet I want to use there.
4-in-door-58191.jpg

The shanks and beer lines on the inside of the door.
beer-lines-58189.jpg

2 kegs and a CO2 tank inside.
kegs-58190.jpg

The controller mounted to the side of the fridge with C to F conversion chart.
controller-working-58194.jpg

And finally a shot of my Man Cave. It's still in the works, but is coming along quite well. :mug: :rockin:
beercave-58207.jpg

The tap handle is actually a shifter knob from my old car. I think I have a pic of it in my gallery. Funny thing was, it was sitting on cabinet next to my two tap kegerator one evening. I looked over at it and thought, hey that'd be a cool tap handle. I picked it up, looked at the threads, took a tap handle off, and looked at those threads, and as luck would have it, they matched. The rest is history.

Actually I think it was from a RSX Type S. I had it on my Prelude at the time.

Lookin' good!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go search for my old shift knob from the 240sx now. :)

Back