How many refrigerators/freezers do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Less than a year ago we had 2 refrigerators, one upstairs and one in the basement. The basement fridge had some food kept in the freezer, but saw little other use. Since beginning brewing last January, we now have:

The same 2 refrigerators except the basement one is now used for cold crashing, bottled beer storage, yeast storage, and mugs - no food now

A deep freeze that I bought to use as a keezer which ended up being to small for 6 cornies so we just kept it and use it for food now

A chest freezer for fermenting

A chest freezer for serving beer (the keezer).

So a total of 5. The really crazy part, it's not enough. I'm now making room in the garage to build 2 cold rooms (planning on ~6'x3'x7' per room at this time). One for fermenting & one for storage/conditioning.

So how much cooling space has been added to your home due to brewing?

15' fridg, 15' keezer and looking at a 6' for lagger. No firm yet, the basement stays about 66 degrees so I have been doing ales in he basement.

1 house fridge. 1 food freezer in the garage, 1 mini fridge converted into a kegerator, 1 chest freezer for fermenting/cold conditioning

Fridge in the kitchen. Freezer for food in basement. Fridge in 'man-room' for beer/hops/cold crashing etc. Fridge in basement used for fermentation chamber. 7.2 cu. ft. freezer converted to keezer. And a kenmore keggerator. No wonder my damn electric bill is so high....

food fridge/freezer, food upright freezer, chest freezer ferm chamber, side by side kegerator/hops storage, wine fridge.

Seven total. Three freezers and four refrigerators. These include the one fridge and one freezer I use for food only, so it's five for brewing purposes

Two fridges and a chest freezer. My freezer has to do double duty for my other hobby, beekeeping. It now holds two medium bee boxes (honey supers) with drawn comb, waiting for the spring nectar flow.

6 units total, four for food and two that are brewing related. Specifically, three fridge/freezers, one of which holds my conical for fermenting. One upright freezer for food, one chest freezer for food, and one chest keezer.

4 for beer, 2 for wine, and 1 for food.

For beer I have two compact fridges for controlled fermentation, one full sized freezerless fridge for lagering/carbing/storage, and one chest freezer with 6 taps for pouring. For the most part I'm fairly well covered, but I would have no problems filling another full sized fridge with bottles. I dream of a walk-in.....someday.

1 fridge and 1 chest freezer for food, one chest freezer for a kegerator, one dorm fridge for holding bottles and my fermenting fridge died this past summer. We're getting a wine firdge in a few weeks for the new bar and I'll be redoing the bar a bit to use the dorm fridge as a cooler for the kegs, and re purposing the chest freezer (kegerator) as a fermenting fridge. So, Food-2, beer-3 :D

4 for beer, 2 for wine, and 1 for food.

For beer I have two compact fridges for controlled fermentation, one full sized freezerless fridge for lagering/carbing/storage, and one chest freezer with 6 taps for pouring. For the most part I'm fairly well covered, but I would have no problems filling another full sized fridge with bottles. I dream of a walk-in.....someday.

You seem to have your priorities right. :mug:

1 Fridge upstairs for food
1 standing freezer in basement for food
1 fridge in basement for kegs
and considering 1 standing freezer for conical. And now I wish I never found this thread because now I have the moral support for going through with the purchase :drunk:

1 kitchen fridge, 1 fermenting fridge, 1 freezer for hops and frozen food, 1 freezer (keezer) for draft beer.
I'd like an upright freezer to replace the ferm fridge (more room, less obstacles)

since we're all keeping score...

food fridge in kitchen
side by side for beer and food in the garage
dorm fridge converted for two cornys in the basement bar
second dorm fridge for cans and bottles in the basement bar

Using "fuzzy math", that makes 3+ for beer and 1- for food

:mug:

I'll play along,

1 kitchen fridge.
1 Chest freezer for fermenting and lagering
1 Sanyo 4912 for serving kegs

And if all goes well, Santa might be bringing me another chest freezer for lagering and crash cooling.

besides kitchen fridge/freezer and garage freezer...

1 15' crest freezer w/ digital ranco for lagering & Ale fermentation in summer
1 4 tap 7.5' keezer w/ digital ranco for serving (on wheels):)

Well, it's good to see I'm not alone. I wasn't trying to start a penis show. As I was planning to add a significant amount of cooling space I just found it funny that less than a year ago I had two fridges and was considering unplugging one since it saw such rare use. Today I have about 75 cu ft of cooling space and it's just not enough. Just needed a sanity check over here.

:mug:

1 food fridge
1 beer fridge (I don't keg yet so I store my bottles there)
1 chest freezer that we bought to either use as ferm fridge or keezer. (haven't decided yet).

I'm still debating on what to use it for. I'm strapped on cash so I'll probably buy the temp controller and use it as a fermentation fridge until I have enough cash to convert it to a keezer.

1 kitchen f/f
1 serving keezer
1 freezer for hops, pizza flour, etc.
1 wine fridge converted for beer ferm (too small)
1 fermentation closet with guts of kegerator and air conditioner
2 thermo electric heater/coolers for bread dough/ starters, etc.

it's a disease and we are all infected.

also junked 1 crap kegerator and one destroyed side by side in the past 2 years.

1 Keezer
1 Upright Freezer
1 5.0 cft Fridge used for fermination
1 60 Bottle Wine Fridge
1 Beverage Fridge
1 Food Fridge

1 - 48" Liebherr side-by-side
1 - Kenmore Elite side-by-side (inheritied with house pre renovation and use for kegerator for the time being)
1 - Kenmore chest freezer (actually used as a freezer)
1 - LG dorm fridge guts that have been ripped out to be used for ferm chamber.

Soon to be added: AC units for walk-in-cooler and wine cellar

1 kitchen fridge
1 full sized kegerator (with food and hops in freezer)
1 basement fridge that is only plugged in for lagering or parties.

Late to the party, but:

-Jenn-Air food fridge in kitchen
-upright freezer in laundry room
-upright freezer in basement
-chest freezer (lagering chamber; temp controlled) in basement
-Kenmore Gold stainless fridge (beer fridge/fermentation chamber; temp controlled) in basement
-96 bottle wine fridge in basement
-today's Kijiji acquisition: used Foster double-door stainless industrial cooler to be kept in garage. Will serve for lagering and beer storage. Looks like it might hold 40 dozen beer if I were putting bottles in it. It's kind of ridiculous.

Wife is happy she's getting her stainless basement fridge back. Chest freezer will take over as ferm chamber.

I have one for commercial beer, one as a kegerator. I need one for fermenting. I used to use one of them for fermenting, but the wife filled both freezers so that ended that.

1 in the kitchen, chest freezer in the basement for food.

30 cubic foot dual zone fermentation chamber in the garage capable of fermenting 26 gallons at a time, at 2 different temperatures.

One fridge upstairs for food, yeast, hops and lemonade and cider storeage, one mini fridge in basement for bottle storeage and one chest freezer in basement for conditioning, fermentation and whatever

This is an excellent thread; I can show SWMBO that not only am I not alone in my refrigeration addiction, there are actually people worse than me!

Back