Question for PJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepinfool86

Reaction score
I'm planning on following this diagram you posted. The thread I got this diagram from also had a order list. On the parts list there switchs but no contactors. Are contactors needed?

Auberin-wiring1-a4-5500w-BIAB-30e.jpg

If the switches are rated for sufficient amperage, then no contactors are necessary. The contactors are used to allow for switches at lower ratings.

That particular diagram was drawn for a 30A 240V feed. The element switch can handle the current (23A) that the element draws.

As jeffmeh said, if you choose a switch of low current carrying capability, then a contactor is required.

I also noticed that the fuses say 1 amp. Is that correct? If not what size should they be? 30A?
I placed te 1A fuses so that you can use smaller wire to set up the circuits involved. Re: the E-Stop circuit - That fuse is placed so that any wiring error would prevent a problem. If the circuit is accurately wired the fuse is not needed. I was trying my best to provide a diagram that would be of use to everyone.

JMHO.
P-J

Back