Whatever happened to the cheap Chinese conicals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Wasn't there some news a while back about some company in China gearing up to produce inexpensive SS conical fermentors?

What ever happened with that?

:confused:

Depends how much you mean by cheap? I found a 300L (sorry metric) single skin for about $1000. Not much in China more exciting than that.

They still make them, i tried to order them directly from China but with the shipping with a non bulk purchase it is not worth it.

I ordered from http://conical-fermenter.com/products/conicals/ , came in very fast and cant beat the price. Well put together, the only thing i would change on it (and did) is put some tape or something as a barrier between the fermenter and the stand as it wobbles and scratches it. I used strips of gorilla tape on my stand all the way around it where it touches the fermenter.

mine was the 7.3 gallon bas model, came out to 360 with shipping. I plan on buying a few more of these with thermowells. This thing has spoiled me

They still make them, i tried to order them directly from China but with the shipping with a non bulk purchase it is not worth it.

I ordered from http://conical-fermenter.com/products/conicals/ , came in very fast and cant beat the price. Well put together, the only thing i would change on it (and did) is put some tape or something as a barrier between the fermenter and the stand as it wobbles and scratches it. I used strips of gorilla tape on my stand all the way around it where it touches the fermenter.

mine was the 7.3 gallon bas model, came out to 360 with shipping. I plan on buying a few more of these with thermowells. This thing has spoiled me

How do you control ferm temps?

How do you control ferm temps?

Right now i stick to yeast that ferments in the 70 deg range and use my downstairs thermostat to control that.

In the near future i will have a stand up fridge or another chest freezer and i will control that with a johnson controler with the temp probe either shoved into the thermowell or into a seperate sealed liquid container. I dont have to worry about too cold in my fermentation area, just too hot.

everything i have fermented so far has come out pretty damn good without too much fusel taste but i want more control.

Back