Force carb in conical : temperature rising (time sensitive)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookyBrewsky

Reaction score
I am pressure carbonating in my Spike conical for the first time. I did it at 38F and ran out of CO2 due to a leak, didn’t tighten lid enough. I switched it off and unhooked the tank until I get a refill.

The conical is at about 5 PSI. The problem is the temperature is now rising and won’t cool. The glycol chiller is functioning as is the pump. I am not home now but I can see the temp on my phone. The only thing I can think is that the probe got pulled out of its slot a little.

If this didn’t happen, what is going on? I’ve never used a carb stone. Why will the temp not decrease? Is the inside for some reason super foamy and is there anything I can do about it? Only thing I can think of.

Desperately seeking help.

The beer around the coil is not frozen. I already had this happen. Chiller, due to small DIY cooler size was set to 25F and the beer wouldn’t go below 42F. When I bumped the chiller up to 28-30F I got the conical to 38F no problem.

Back