First all grain batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here we go!

I should be ready to start my first all-grain batch by the weekend. Supplies for my tun are acquired and I'm getting started on that today. Now for the recipe- I was looking for a hoppy (nothing too over-the-top) IPA or IIPA. As I said, it's my first all-grain batch so nothing too advanced. Also a higher ABV wouldn't hurt ;) any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :fro:

I didn't mean to limit myself here- if anyone has a good beginner all grain recipe IPA or not, that they want to share to an AG noob, I'd love to see it! :D

My first AG recipe that I wrote myself is still my favorite! I'm making it today as a matter of fact! It's the DFH 60 clone that I have posted (look under my avatar at "recipes". It's simple, with a simple grain bill and lots of hops flavor, but still not over-the-top with bitterness. I don't know if you could find amarillo and simcoe hops, though!

I'll have to look... But I have a good feeling I'll be able to round some up. Also, that's perfect because DFH stopped distributing to RI years ago. Lucky Mass is just a hop, skip, and a jump away :rockin: (no pun intended with the "hop")

Thank you very much!

Brew it,ive only heard good things about Yoopers recipes! DFh doesnt sell in my state either! Even though i drove miles to get some more, after a year and about a thousand beers later i would say its good but was a bit disapointed then i use to like that more than the 90 min,but now im into the 90 min,the bar for good beer is constantly being raised,constantly. Brew her house pale ale too,it looks awesome.

Back