What to do in Raleigh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coypoo

Reaction score
I'll be in Raleigh over the weekend of the 20th as I have job interviews on Friday and Monday. Does anybody have any good recommendations for beer bars/brew pubs/restaraunts/breweries that I can do on Friday night and Saturday? Thanks!

Area Breweries:

-Fullsteam
-LoneRider
-Big Boss
-Roth
-Aviator
-Carolina Brewing Company

Area Brewpubs

-Carolina Brewery (different than the one above)
-Natty Greene's
-Boylan Bridge

Beer Bars

-Flying Saucer
-Tyler's Taproom
-World of Beer
-Raleigh Times
-Village Draft House

Bottle Shops

-Sam's Quick Shop
-Bottle Revolution
-Tasty Beverage
-Total Wine

Just go to the Flying Saucer....great beer and great people. I dont recommend Big Boss or Aviator ...

Do you have a car? I'd go to Tyler's Taproom in Apex (Apex is a "bedroom" community of Raleigh), very nice selection of craft brews and many local brewerys. Another good spot is McGregor Ale House. Both have good food.

Downtown, I'd hit Tir na nOg Irish Pub, The Hiberian Irish Pub and Mellow Mushroom (best pizza IMHO).

Depending on where you are staying, most would be 15-20 minutes from the airport. Hope this helps and good luck with the interviews. The Raleigh area is a good place to live and work...

I actually do like Big Boss. Cool atmosphere and a lot of beers they don't bottle. Might want to take a drive and check out Red Oak. Not a huge fan of Natty Greens- not bad beer just not my local favorite.

Back