Replanted due to poor drainage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
Ugh, so first year in the new home, I ordered 4 rhymezones; 2 cascade, 2 willamette. Of the 4, 1 willamette sprouted and is doing well. I had my sspicions on the other 3 and after 3 months of nothing, I dug them up and sure enough, no growth. There was no drainage I I think they sat in saturated soil the whole time. I ended up potting and placing in a much more sunny part of the yard, hoping they at least sprout this year, and develop some roots. I left the one groing plant alone.

What do you think the odds are that there is life left in the other 3? I anticipate absolutly no yield at all from them this year, I just hope they are not dead.

This spring I moved some Willamettes that were in a low spot that did not drain well. They are doing fine in their new location. Go ahead and move them - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Back