Thermostat of some sort needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
Alright, here's what I plan on doing and this is what I need. I plan on using a fry daddy for the heating vessel in my HERMS system. With a high temp food grade magneticly coupled pump I am going to recirculate my wort from my mash tun through my pump then through a heat exchange copper coil that is in my fry daddy then back into my mash tun. What I need is somthing digital to read the temperature of the water inside my fry daddy that the heat exchange coil comes in contact with so if that temperature is too low it will turn on my fry daddy. Then when the desired temperature is achieved it will turn off the fry daddy. I am not interested in taking the temperature of the wort here, just the water inside the Heat exchange vessel. Does anyone know of a product that will monitor temperatures with a probe and flip power on and off according to the temperature it reads? All the products I can find are made are intended for a fridge or freezer. Someone please help! :confused:

My Ranco ETC-111000 can be set for heating OR cooling, has a remote temperature probe and can be set to mash temperatures. I specifically purchased it for my fermentation cabinet because it was outside & needed to be heated in the winter and cooled in the summer.

SWEET!!! Can't wait to get one of those.... come on tax return.... uhh, come on january first of course, then come on work... get me that form, then COME ON TAX RETURN!!! hehe, gonna buy alot of stuff when it comes in. UPS/DHL etc... and morebeer.com are going to love me! HAHAHAH!!!:rockin: Thank you very much david_42

Back