Wiring Diagram Database

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadNewsBrewery

Reaction score
Has anyone found / compiled a list of all the diagrams that have been put together? It seems like members (mostly P-J) have a diagram for almost every option out there, but I've yet to find a single-source location to find them all. It would help out a lot of us that are getting into this to be able to reference the list and get the information that's already out there in one place. It would make a great sticky at the top of the page seeing as how wiring diagrams seem to be one of the top questions on this forum.

-Kevin

I think that wiring diagrams without the context of the thread they come from and what the person they are made for or by wanted to accomplish. There are so many slight wrinkles in these diagrams just a list with links to diagrams would be counterproductive for most. You can't really do too much reading on this subject so searching out the required diagram or creating a thread for help are likely good things most of the time.

If someone did compile a list of all of the diagrams out there they should link to threads instead of diagrams directly.

I'd be happy to try and compile a usable list of wiring diagrams and sort it by a few features like power supply (120/240 3 wire / 240 4 wire), number of PIDs, type of PID - it may be too daunting of a task as you mention, but I can't help but think it would be a useful tool for those of us getting started in the eBrewing world.

Even a wiring diagram without context though is worth studying and reviewing to see how certian components are wired up, how other people have solved issues, etc. There's no one-size-fits-all solution, but the key to building a better mouse trap is to review lots of mouse traps.

-Kevin

I have thought about this as well. Having a website that just had a small description for each one would be awesome. Something like:

1 pump - 1 element w contactor
1 pump - 2 element w/o contactor
2 pump - 2 element

etc..

What would really be spiffy is to have something that is like option 1: how many elements, option 2: how many pumps option 3: e-stop?

Latest posts

Back