should i worry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zippo

Reaction score
i started a mini batch (1/2 gal.) of grape juice concentrate wine. I used 20% bleach water solution in a spray bottle, wetted everything down and let it have about one minute to kill them baddies. then rinsed with lots of tap water. I used 1/2 gal. grape juice concentrate 2 cups table sugar and 1/2 packet Montrachet yeast. I added 1/8 tsp of potassium metabisulfate and put on the air lock. After three days i checked on it and no bubbling and i suspect a bit of suck back happened judging by the air lock, the bad news i was out of vodka so i just used water and potassium metabisulfate(1/8 tsp). so I decided F$&k it and tossed in some baking yeast in four cups hot water. ten days later, its bubbling good, but i dont know it it will be worth keeping. what do you all think?

Adding yeast and potassium metabisulfite at the same time is not a good practice. Yeast don't like it, thats why you use it first, to knock out any wild yeasts. It probably would have gone on after a while. Bread yeast will make it taste like poop...

Back