Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonPritchard

Reaction score
Alright I've got a porter that is ready to keg and I am going to add some coffee. I bought a bag of an expresso roast coffee that I am cold brewing (~24ozs of water and 7ozs of coffee for 24 hours). I am just wondering if anyone has done a similar method with good results? I enjoy coffee and coffee porters, but I don't want to overdo it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just made a coffee stout with 2 oz of coarse ground coffee in 2 cups of cold water overnight... the coffee flavor is there but kinda weak, would probably up it to 4 oz next time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this was done in a french press and it was added at bottling.

I like to dry bean the beer for aroma. About 4-5 oz. of coarsely cracked beans in the secondary for 5-7 days.

It makes no difference how strong your cold brew is since you are gonna add a bit at a time until it tastes just what you wnat. If you water it down you just have to use more. I just added 60 oz to approx 13 gallons of a stout. Taste "good to the last drop". LOL

Back