29 days fermenting, can I bottle this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beertard

Reaction score
So here's my story. Its my first batch of homebrew, true brew porter extract kit.
1 can dark malt extract
2 lbs dark dried malt extract
8 oz. malto-dextrin
6 oz. chocolate grain malt
1 oz hop pellets
Muntons ale yeast
OG was about 1.045-48 , not certain I measured correctly (it was my first time), but the box says 43-45. Midway through fermentation it stalled at 1.023 for 'bout a week, so I repitched the same yeast that came with the kit. no change, by the way this yeast is not designed for this type of brew. Future brewers beware. I then repitched with munton's gold ale, no change, then finally a nottingham's. Small change. The current gravity is .018 has has been that way for the last 8-9 days. By my calculations this only gives an attenuation of 61.7%, which seems low. the suggested Fg is 1.014-1.012. In the course of this ordeal iIve roused and moved to warmer climates (72 from 66 degrees). I really don't foresee the gravity dropping anymore than it already has. The beer itself is not sweet, but looks rather lifeless and stagnant. It has been in the same fermenting bucket for the last 29 days and I would really like to bottle it.
Should I go ahead and bottle? I've read Munton's extracts are know for not completely fermenting out, and with the maltodextrin can I assume this gravity to be my 'final' gravity? Also, when I bottle does it still need to condition for two to three more weeks? Thanks for the help.

70% really?
DeathBrewer, is your formula different?

I'm confused. i thought attenuation was ( ( OG - FG ) / OG ) x 100
(47-18)/ 47 *100 = 61.7

thanks

Back