Cranberry Honey Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
Im preparing to put together an idea Ive had for abit. I want to take a basic American Wheat Ale kit and add probably 1lb of honey and 1lb of cranberries.

My question is with the added fermentable sugars from the honey should I pitch a larger amount of yeast or does the yeast just eat larger doses of sugars ? Also would the increase of fermentable sugars increase the ABV.

Im preparing to put together an idea Ive had for abit. I want to take a basic American Wheat Ale kit and add probably 1lb of honey and 1lb of cranberries.

My question is with the added fermentable sugars from the honey should I pitch a larger amount of yeast or does the yeast just eat larger doses of sugars ? Also would the increase of fermentable sugars increase the ABV.

5 gallon per yeast.

Add pectic enzyme 1 hour prior to fermentation also.

You can add the Honey at the peak of your fermentation or just after to ensure the yeast will chew right through it. Or you could make a starter. Yes, honey is commonly used to increase the ABV and it will also aid in drying out a beer.

Back