New Sanke Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
Has anyone ever looked at Geemacher, LLC? They have brand new Sanke kegs listed on their website for $136/each. It looks like they sell single units. This is obviously not better than finding cheap used kegs, but if you are considering spending $175 for a used, plain keg from somewhere like keggle.com, this might be worth considering.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.geemacher.com/pricing.php#

I just shot them an email to see if they had some scratch and dents or other kegs suitable for HB use that they would be willing to let go of at a discount.

Ill see what they have to say :)

I just shot them an email to see if they had some scratch and dents or other kegs suitable for HB use that they would be willing to let go of at a discount.

Ill see what they have to say :)

Hey, I sent them an email, too, with no replies thus far. Any luck on your end?

You can get them embossed with your logo for free too (as long as you buy 100) :)

Hey, I sent them an email, too, with no replies thus far. Any luck on your end?

Heh, nope... I thought the notice in my inbox was from them. It was only you asking me what I was hoping for as well. LOL

Received a reply today -

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. We do sell individual kegs, and we do not have any scratch or dent kegs. I can sell 1/2 bbl kegs for $135.00/each, if do not need the valve, I can remove it and sell the kegs for $125.00/each. We accept Visa / MC the kegs would ship FedEx ground. I can get back to you with the shipping cost if you would like to proceed. Cheers!!!

John Giannopoulos
Geemacher, LLC
610-716-3020 - cell
www.geemacher.com

Hmmmmm, interesting I might have to save some $$$ and make this happen :)

I got a similar reply as well. Good to know that $125 will get you a shiny NEW keg.

I wonder if they can fab them without the top steel so that you don't even have to make the cut...

One thing I did notice though was the kegs from KB already have the work done for you. The extra $50 appears to be for having the top cut off, appropriate holes drilled and fittings welded into the keg. I would say that even though this might appear to be a 'better' deal, I know that I didnt take into consideration all of the other DIY work that would have to be performed on these - I would say that using them as FERMENTERS might be where the cost savings comes in.

Not to drag this back up from the dead, but did anyone ever get one of these? I would like to know what the welds look like.

Brewers hardware sells sanke keg fermenter kits. I just use those for my fermenters rather than trying to make a keggel and then a sanitary fermenter.

Back