question from kegging noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
Ok so I got my first corny off craigslist. It looks clean and intact as far as I can tell. I have been reading lots of links from the sticky's and other internet sites I still have questions. Anyone know of a good primer for a totaly new person to take kegging from begining to end including how to screw on the fittings etc. I know many of you may think that it is obvious but I don't know what additonal parts I need or how to use it at all. Any help is much appreicated.

Yep! +1. A wealth of info in the stickies! Definately worth opening new windows/tabs on each. You personal needs will differ from some. Kegerators often have different configurations than keezers, etc. and you'll use different 'ingredients' depending on your own setup. I'm going through my own learning curve as well (as many others I am sure!).
For me, I focused on my personal desires (based primarily on consumption rates, space requirements, ease of use along with time consumption (and a few more). For others monetary would be the top consideration (which kills most getting into kegging IMHO).
I decided on getting the wife a new upright (after finding no decent used chest freezers within 50 miles) and converted our old freezer (seen here) to fit 4 cornies on floor and 20# tank and triple body reg. unit on shelf/hump.
My intention is to have 4 faucets with low energy waste, enough cornies to always have a choice to replace empties in the keezer, enough reg. to provide 1 pressure to up to 3 kegs, a separate pressure for a diff. keg and another reg. dedicated to expansion or soda or for 'burst carbing'. I'll rack from primaries to keg for 'secondary conditioning'/storage and depending on my needs I will burst carb or nat. CO2 carb for a couple weeks in the keezer.

Latest posts

Back