Awesome portable equipment find!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As rediculous as it sounds, I have heard of people getting DUI's and other motor vehicle related fines on those things at tailgate parties.

Dude busted for DUI while driving motorized cooler
Posted Jun 6th 2008 12:32PM by Chris Shunk
Filed under: Etc., Government/Legal, Green, First Drive

Police in Whitehall, NY cold-busted an inebriated motorist over the Memorial Day weekend for swerving around in the middle of the street and weaving onto area sidewalks. That happened plenty of times over Memorial Day weekend, but what makes this story interesting is the fact that the driver was piloting an electrically powered cooler. Under New York state law, driving any motorized vehicle must be done sans alcohol, and that means anything from cars and boats to motorized coolers falls under the letter of the law. While some would argue that the electric cooler doesn't pose a real threat to pedestrians or other motorists, we'd disagree. This idiot could have caused other drivers to swerve to miss him, and strike others in the process.

While the cops did the right thing by pulling over this cooler-driving clown, we question the need for an ice cozy and cup holder on this vehicle. Of course people are going to use it to drink and scoot! Then again, it seems every new family vehicle is getting ice bins, too, and some of them have like 15 cup holders.

I say the guys riding the motorized coolers are worth 15 points, but my step-daughter believes it isn't good sport and they should be left in play.

i saw a couple of these at buffett in dallas. the things are cool(pun intended) so i have been looking for a way of building my own. the one i want to build is gas powered though. and of course id have to bring my stretch cooler. which is 120qt cooler since its old and starting to crack. anyway thx for reminding me about this. now i will need to start my quest again.

Back