Our new baby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteOz77

Reaction score
I shared the passing of our faithful hound Jazzy a couple of months ago,and was very impressed with the compassion shown by the other members here. SWMBO an I thought we would never have another dog, as nothing could compare to the wonderful companion we have lost.

We stumbled across a new companion completely by accident 2 weeks ago, when a friend of ours clued us in to a great dog without a family. Jarrah (named after an australian native timber of the same colour) came from a breeder of champion sheep dogs. He is a pure bred short haired Border Collie, and he is the only member of his extended family of 100+ dogs that is Red and white, rather than black and white like a standard border collie.

He doesn't like sheep, so the breeder didn't want him. These dogs regularly sell for around $500, but Jarrah was a bargian at $50 (he doesn't like sheep , remember?) He is an extremely gentle boy that doesn't bark, so he gets to stay!:ban:

Jarrah_2.jpg

Jarrah_1.jpg

Yes his eyes are GOLD!

Awwwww what a cutie! My mom has three australian border collies and they're all frickin adorable! Odd that he doesn't like sheep. I wonder if that's correlated to his brown color? Or maybe he's half border collie, half sneaky-neighbor-dog :D And congratulations on your new found friend. It's always so hard to replace a long loved pet, one that you never thought you could replace....

Beautiful dog. Now you don't have to go through the puppy-destroying-everything phase!

That's a good looking happy dog there, congratulations! I'm hoping that's the 'dog' couch? Even if it is, I'm sure he'll be just like my three dogs and find a way onto the 'human' couches anyway :)

What beautiful eyes! I hope you enjoy getting to know him and forging a lasting relationship. I will toast you at 0' beer-thirty!

Congratulations on your new family member and brew buddy!
He is obviously a smart dog since he figured out if he didn't like sheep, he can live the "dog's life" with you.

That's a good looking happy dog there, congratulations! I'm hoping that's the 'dog' couch? Even if it is, I'm sure he'll be just like my three dogs and find a way onto the 'human' couches anyway :)

What do you mean? Don't you like the furniture in my house? :D

Yeah, that's a couple of old chairs I put outside about 6 months ago. He claimed them immediately.

Update!

OK, He's officially the smartest dog in my universe.

I thought it was cute when he snuck into our bedroom (where he's not allowed) and stole SWMBO'S runners (tennis shoes) and laid them out in front of the door, so she couldn't go to work without taking him for his morning run (I do the evening 3K walks). We got a good laugh out of that.

Today I come home and enter through the back gate, wondering why he hasn't attacked me yet with his usual "attention fest". I yell, for him, but no response... Then I look into the house and he's sitting on the lounge, looking out at me like I'm an idiot. The bastard has figured out how to open the french doors! SWMBO forgot to lock them, and when I walked around the house to have a look, there were a lot of muddy doggy footprints around the handle of the door, and it was hanging wide open.

Best part is that the temp was around 6°C today, so we added a LOT to global warming today :(

Congrats!! He looks and sounds great!!

The best dog I ever had (Not including the present one, of course) Was also a border collie that we came across by accident. They really are the perfect dog! I wish i had a border collie when I was a kid, he coulda done my homework for me! :D

Back