Two new beers and one I already love (all dark tonight!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnevoodoo

Reaction score
So I've had three beers tonight and they've all been top notch.

1. Deschutes Black Butte XX. It'll be hard to find, so good luck on that, but holy crap it is amazing. Possibly the chewiest beer I've ever had. There were multiple after tastes that all came in layers. Chocolate, coffee, oak all come through, and they all taste damn amazing. I have three more bottles that I will be saving to drink one a year for the next three years. One hell of an imperial porter and one of a kind for sure.

2. Bear Republic Pete Brown Tribute. A very solid brown ale. A little lighter body than I was hoping for but still full enough to make me happy. Lots of chocolate malt in this one. If you like brown ales and you can find this, I suggest you find some. It is a bit pricy for a 22 of a brown ale, but I bought two and I am not sad I have a second one.

3. Maui Brewing Coconut Porter. I am sure people have discussed this beer before. If you have a chance, buy it. If you like coconut, that is. It is the best vegetable/spice beer I've ever had hands down. DRINK THIS BEER.

YAY BEER!!!

I love regular black butte porter and can imagine that an imperial version would be great. Little bit pricey for my tastes though.

I've heard of Coconut Porter but haven't seen it for sale ANYWHERE. Is the coconut a strong flavor or more subtle?

I love regular black butte porter and can imagine that an imperial version would be great. Little bit pricey for my tastes though.

I've heard of Coconut Porter but haven't seen it for sale ANYWHERE. Is the coconut a strong flavor or more subtle?

I know 10 dollars is a lot for most people, but I really feel it was 100% worth it. I shelled out for 6 bottles, but I think my friend will buy two. And if you likt black butte, this is like black butte superfuel. Good for a special occasion for sure. And it will likely age like a champ.

The coconut porter has a lot of coconut in it. It is so well balanced though, it is ridiculous. It is there, but it never gets in the way. It almost makes the porter refreshing. So weird.

Latest posts

Back