Picnic Tap = lots of foam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time I kegged a beer, PSI was set to 11-12PSI for 2 weeks. Beer is perfectly carbed, but when I dispense I get a lot of foam on the first pour. Line is inside of a chest freezer running at 38*F. 2nd pour is pretty good, with only 1/2 foam. 3rd pour is perfect. Any idea how I can get that first pour a little better? It's like 3/4 foam and pretty much undrinkable.

I have perlick faucets, just been lazy on installing a collar to install them LOL

thanks for any help
Justin

How long and whats the diameter of your beer line? Also are you opening the tap all the way? I've found if you only open a picnic tap partially it will foam a lot.

I would second the all the way problem , when i first started using the picnic taps and opened them halfway they foamed alot. I still have that problem when new people come over and I dont pour for them.

You guys just made my night... I only had the tap opened 3/4 way. I just realized I didn't have the tap all the way opened. Perfect head now!!! Such an easy fix. Thanks

Latest posts

Back