Coors Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedude123

Reaction score
I know these kegs have that part that protrudes in the middle so will it be hard to put a sight class on it? I want to use one for my HLT.

I'm sure that you can get a fitting that will push the sight glass out a bit farther.

I used a coors keg with one of bobby M's sight glasses .... I worked great after I bashed the side with a 5 lb sledge hammer.:D I'll post a picture Friday

here is the coors keg with sight glass install.. Keg still needs a good scrubbing
coors.JPG

coors1.JPG

I have seen a "sight glass" that curved around like a snake. It was made with flexible tubing.

Really, other than looks, straightness does not matter. The level of the liquid in the HLT will be the same as in the tube.

I have seen a "sight glass" that curved around like a snake. It was made with flexible tubing.

Really, other than looks, straightness does not matter. The level of the liquid in the HLT will be the same as in the tube.

Yes but at the top I would have had to use like a 5" long SS eyebolt to secure it

Back